SV-1

schicks

Karma Enforcer
port Sheldon MI. Murph comes up every now and then when the waves are good. I will probably make a trip down to Chicago area this summer and ride with rhugo21 too.

image.jpeg
Pretty much done. Put the bilge switch in the dash, strapped the tank down, and cleaned up the wiring and fuel lines.
image.jpeg
Is the way I have the steering Hooked up here "acceptable"?
The one I'm holding below just wouldn't screw in far enough to have the bars be straight

So I finally got my first ride on this thing and here are a few of my thoughts coming from 2 different SJ's.
One concern I always had about going aftermarket was not being able to "ride" the ski. As much as I like jumping waves and chasing boats I also like to ride WOT at times, carve, and just cruise. We have all seen the videos of these things flipping, rolling, and jumping 20 feet in the air which is awesome. I do plan to try some more in the surf this season and hopefully I get enough tray time in to get the stones to go for it. With that being said, I am Super impressed with how "rideable" this hull is. It feels super stable, light, and solid. My worries about not being able to ride at high speeds was gone after about 10 minutes on it. Also, I was worried about getting face splash at higher speeds and that concern is now gone as well. The 735 seems to have real nice power in this hull and I never knew how much I would like a front foothold. I can't wait to get this thing in some waves and try to learn some new things. I know I only rode this ski for about an hour, but I don't see ever wanting anything different anymore.

Any advice is welcome...when the pump is far in water at low speed I am getting cavitation and "churning". Example being after jumping there is no low end snap to pull out of the water like air is getting in the pump or when you just start going on your knees it does the same. After it planes out it runs awesome at mid range to wot. Also, I seem to be drawing water in while sitting (versa plugs)
I pulled the motor and am going to add the mid shaft spacer that I didn't use during build and re seal that area to rule leaking from the mid shaft out. Also, I will check the pump seal as well. Prop is 11/17 hooker and the same setup ran perfect in my SJ.

Also, is this ok...
image.jpeg
The pump fitting is smaller than the hose going to the hull but I just clamped it down. Sorry for the novel but just need to get it back together correctly.

I think you could buy a new 90 degree brass elbow fitting from a hardware store with a larger tube size. You'll probably get some leaking by on that tube and could be easily remedied.

Do you happen to still have that steering cable ball joint? PM me if you'd like to sell it, I can't get one anywhere.

upload_2016-6-20_22-5-33.png

Top Bottom