sx 650 alloy pole project

z00m

UK X-H20
Finally got round to working on my alloy pole, hears the work so far, its for my sx 650
Just before the work started

3.jpg

First off stripped the the old pole off , OH MY POOR SKI

skiinbits.jpg

Bottom of the pole jigged up with light gauge s/s , to check tolerances , when in alloy it will be all smoothed off.

basetemp.jpg

Top part and steering jigged up

toptemp.jpg

Steering all welded up with stiffeners fitted

topjogged.jpg

Basics of the pole , the alloy tubes will be cut before fitting so as to get a -2" pole

polesjigged.jpg

Original pole chin pad cut down and re-trimmed ready

padcut.jpg

Just waiting now to get the final parts cut so I can make the pole base and weld it all together, then off to get the pole powder coated.

One thing when I removed the original pole, there is a pipe that appears to come from the fuel tank that goes in to a plastic container up by the bars, can I remove this pipe ? or whats the best thing to do with it,

Last edited:
take a pic so im sure what you talking about. is it a piece of fuel line that goes into the bilge and hooks to the separator? if so just take it off the separator and leave the end open.

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
I just put together a 650sx, and removed that water seperator and the line that runs up the handlepole. You can just leave the little plastic check valve with a short length of hose in the engine compartment.

Thats looking nice.

Top Bottom