SX/SXi/SXi Pro Sxi pro hand holds

Im after fitting some hand holds to my ski what ones are best and could you just cut holes in the hood .

MikeCTM2

Auf Deutsch bitte
I was wanting to do the same thing at first. Try putting elbows up on the side rails. Then give the right amount of increasing throttle at the same time. there's gobs of power with our skis so then from there just pull your ass up. if you can't do that, then hit the gym more.

otherwise, if you have to, cut a hole in the pole. no holes in the hood.

-Rip your liner out
-Make a cardboard template of the shape you want for the hold. Trace it onto the hood with a sharpie
-Cut out the shape
- Make a box out of cardboard or wood(cardboard works best because you can contour it to the hull
-Cover the box in duct tape so the glass won't stick to it.
-Glass over 5 of the 6 sides of the box
-Pop the cardboard out of the glass once it cures
-Glass the backing cup to the hull
-Make a liner out of cardboard
-Cover it in duct tape
-Glass it
-Pop the new liner of of the duct tape
-Glue it back in with 5200 or glass
-Get some pool hoses and attach them for baffles

Easy as that

-Rip your liner out
-Make a cardboard template of the shape you want for the hold. Trace it onto the hood with a sharpie
-Cut out the shape
- Make a box out of cardboard or wood(cardboard works best because you can contour it to the hull
-Cover the box in duct tape so the glass won't stick to it.
-Glass over 5 of the 6 sides of the box
-Pop the cardboard out of the glass once it cures
-Glass the backing cup to the hull
-Make a liner out of cardboard
-Cover it in duct tape
-Glass it
-Pop the new liner of of the duct tape
-Glue it back in with 5200 or glass
-Get some pool hoses and attach them for baffles

Easy as that

It truely is this easy. I got it done in 2 weekends at a relaxed pace and its MUCH cheaper than blowsion holds.

It truely is this easy. I got it done in 2 weekends at a relaxed pace and its MUCH cheaper than blowsion holds.

You're right, I know it sounds like alot, but I got it done in a couple days on my last hood. Gonna be doing the same thing on my new hood too. When you make the new liner raise the baffles up an inch too. That way any water that manages to get inside the hood will just splash against the baffles and flow right out the back.

They look much better than the blowsion ones in my opinion too. You can do whatever shape you want. I thought about making mine XFT style

Last edited:
Top Bottom