SX/SXi/SXi Pro SXI Pro Pole

Dirtybird

Ex*ta*ski
Well i would put the pin up and set the pole against it. Then while working on the ski i hear a snap then feel a crack as the pole hits me in the head. Lol Not sure both times it broke in the same spot just under the pin, soft metal?

thats why if im working on it ill "USUALY" put something between the front of pole and bracket to really make sure it doesnt come down! but sense i got UMI pole it stays up by itself pretty good and if it comes down its really slow and i dont see it so i end up cracking my head against it when i stand upright!!

I just use a screw drive to keep my pole up. I am working on something to make my spring better. Stuck a block of wood in there and saw the light. So now its time for something not so ghetto Fab.

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
mine looks just like urs Hagan. Dangit! looks like ill be building something after work tomorrow to replace it. my brother is always teasin me about how great his SJ is cause he has that quick latch for his handle pole....didnt realize i had one too the whole time (sure mine might be broken, but thats not the point!)

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
This is what i came up with, cut a piece of angle iron,created an "ear" to drive a pin to, had a piece of SS rod laying around, cut it to length and drilled a pivot hole. originally drilled and tapped the origional bracket, and screwed the angle iron to it, but soon found out that the handle pole wouldnt clear it when the pole was put down. had to grind the back side of the original bracket to countersink the angle iron and then used rivets to hold it all together. eventually gonna paint it all black to keep it from rusting...

0316002134.jpg
0316002134a.jpg

Top Bottom