SX/SXi/SXi Pro SXI Pro vs SXR?

sxr had better power like the feal of an sxi though the sxr is to big heavy and stif the sxr is more stable but i grew up riding sx 650 and js550 so i like the sxi better the sxr is just to big also if you put hull extentions n the sxi and tubies you wont find a better handling ski.

GReenANt

GReenAnt
with a stock hull my sxi pro is fun and nimble but high speed on rough water is awful compared to the sxr my friend can run full speed all day and i can only keep up for a few hundred yards before i am worn out from keeping upright. also the sxr corners way better i always slide out when he carves full speed.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
sxr had better power like the feal of an sxi though the sxr is to big heavy and stif the sxr is more stable but i grew up riding sx 650 and js550 so i like the sxi better the sxr is just to big also if you put hull extentions n the sxi and tubies you wont find a better handling ski.

I guarantee you that if we were to get on a race course the SXR will smoke the Pro. Even if you add a wet pipe to the Pro. The SXR hull is one of the best designed hulls for pure handling ever made.

the pro with front tubbies and rear extentions is very very close to a stock sxr.just as stable if not more at high speed but the carving is a little less planted. intake grate and ride plate also has a greater influence on the pro.
the pro does feel lighter though.

Motoxxx134

"Just F###ing Ride"
Thank you for all the great feedback, I guess the question now is - what is the best ski for the $$$.. The pro is about half the price as an sxr. I don't race or freestyle just a recreational rider.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Thank you for all the great feedback, I guess the question now is - what is the best ski for the $$$.. The pro is about half the price as an sxr. I don't race or freestyle just a recreational rider.

I would go with the Pro and add tubbies. Not rear extensions. This way you can still slide the ski around.

I have a pro with tubbies and a wamilton sxr. My favorite is the pro, I just wish I could fit the sxr factory pipe in there. The sxr feels big to me, but it will fly thru choppy water & turn like a mofo.

I guarantee you that if we were to get on a race course the SXR will smoke the Pro. Even if you add a wet pipe to the Pro. The SXR hull is one of the best designed hulls for pure handling ever made.

the funny part is the bottom of the hulls are almost identical only difference is the chimes are about 1/4 inch deeper and the sxr is 2 inches wider

It's a personal preference but since your just going to rec ride you should enjoy it a bit. Ride both before you buy. SXR is easier to ride and can run very well in a stock form with a couple of aftermarket parts to enhance it performance. I've had 4 SXR's and 2 Pro's. I love my Pro still. It's a cool ski that has a great history. 10 minutes of riding my Pro around a track I'm sore for a week. It's a good sore. Wish I could ride it every day.

Sorry, been riding stock SX 750's and SXi's for years. I'm tired of just randomly being the ballerina princess doing cart-wheels for no reason when at the upper speeds. What are tubies and where do you mount them. I really like my SXi doing simple free-style and subs but the high speed cart wheels have to go. Please help with input.

Kawikazi

Don't follow my line.
Sorry, been riding stock SX 750's and SXi's for years. I'm tired of just randomly being the ballerina princess doing cart-wheels for no reason when at the upper speeds. What are tubies and where do you mount them. I really like my SXi doing simple free-style and subs but the high speed cart wheels have to go. Please help with input.

Thats funny chit man.. I know all about those high speed cartwheels and dancing in my tray to prevent them. Here is what I did to fix that prob. Tubbies can help but still cause high speed chine wobbles on straight line WOT. I installed them and immediately found better carving and diff handling characteristics...get'em. I also purchased footstraps and it made me learn to ride my ski keeping my feet in one stance. That was prob the mod that progressed my riding the most. Every thing else is just tray time man.. good luck

JHD

Site Supporter

I had the same problem. Foot placement and getting in shape changed it for me. I lost 30 lbs and gained strength and endurance. I like truning and playing with my feet in different positions but at WOT I keep them parallel at the back of the tray. I can fly WOT for a loooooong time now and have not had a high speed wipe out this year.

True dat. I had my Tubbie II's and 3DR hull extensions all glassed in at 3DR as well as their pump shoe mod and getting the hull trued. Obviously the weight and size of the SXR give it the advantage in rough water, but in smooth water I can take turns with SXR's all day long.

Top Bottom