SX/SXi/SXi Pro SXI Pro vs SXR?

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
SXR is wayyy faster out of the hull (better porting). It is not only wider and has deeper chines, but the intake area is shaped differently....an sxr with a stock intake grate will hook up better than a pro with ANY intake grate. Pros are just DOGS out of the hole.

The only downside to an SXR is the weight...a $595 Trinity hood will make a world of difference.

Midlake Crisis

Site Supporter
Interesting that there seems to be a resurgence of interest and discussion about these right now.
I had heard or read how they were so inferior to Superjets and kind of assumed they were turds until I actually rode one last year.
They may not be as nimble for tricks, but I really enjoyed riding it. Very fast and stable, I think they would be easier for a guest to get on and actually ride. I may buy one as a second standup.

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
My local riding buddy Whitca rides a modified SXI.
He put tubbies on it, shortened and lightened the hull, put a short RN pole on it, and put a Jetworks 701 in it.
It's a very fun boat to ride.

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
an SXR is like my Mastercraft
big stable boat, goes fast, good race machine
sxi pro is better for cheap fun IMHO
superjet is better still!

MY 2 CENTS. had a 440 550 650 750 sx sxi pro and ride a sxr. as the years go by I get heavier my air time is going dowm but my ski has never been faster ,once you loc a sxr with a dry pipe and all the goods,youll never look back. I DID LOVE my high hp pro though was unstopable fast.made a very good freestyle boat just had to put lots of money in.:bananalama:

Last edited:
Top Bottom