sxr 1100 swap info

hey guys like the title says looking for info on the 1100 swap.

-what donor ski is most desireable?
-what aftermarket parts are needed if any or is everything sourced between the orginal and donor skis?
-is there many options to make the 1100 faster or are you pretty much stuck with what you have?
-ive heard mention of some 1300 sxr skis are these guys just boring the 1100 or is there something bigger and better?

and lastly my stupid question of the day
-if i look at the skis on kommander industries site it looks like the cdi box is aftermarket. can anyone explain to me why?

or just point me to the correct thread for my answers or the resident sxr 1100 swap guru

thanks for the time and info

Last edited:

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
I think you would be better off boring and stroking the stock 800 though. Between that a pipe, head, porting etc it will weigh less and have more power.

A limited 800 is just as fast as a STOCK 1100 but at a much higher price.

You need a dry pipe, dual 48's, porting, ignition, head just to touch a 1100.

You can pay for all that and lower the reliability or sell the 800 and be into a 1100 swap for under 500 bucks

It's a no brainer, go 1100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my sxr1100. With all the info out there is a really easy build, I had all the parts I needed laying on the bench, pulled my sxr in the garage on a Sunday (after riding it the day before) and was riding the next Sunday . Insane power for the $. Bought a running 97 stx 1100 for $200, then a $250 prop from impros, probably another $200 in extra parts and she was ready. Done a lot more to it since then but it was pretty fun with just the stock 1100 setup. And the extra weight of the 1100 makes it handle better IMO... Plus I've still got the 800 motor that came out of the ski. No question do the 1100.

i already have a wet pipe and total loss flywheel on the stock 800

I have a limited SXR 800 (57mph) and it rips, but it's no match for a stock SXR 1100. The 1100 weighs more/handles better and the linear power delivery doesn't wear you out as fast! You can sell your 800 setup with pipe/ignition, swap in that 1100 and come out ahead if you do it right. I'm going to build my SXR 1100 as soon as I get my current project completed.

Some peoples idea of a "limited" is different from others. same applies to an sxr 1100.

if you drop a bone stock 1100 into an sxr, and dont accompany it with mods, youre looking at an honest 55mph. thats MILD limited speeds, stock carb, wet or dry pipe skis can reach that easily and will pull way harder off the line. if you build a FULL limited (ignition, setback magnum pump, 48 novis or 49 full specs, drop down domes, ported manifolds and the right handling mods, youre looking at 7700 rpm's /approx 59.5-60 mph.

if you build an 1100, you can get upwards of 60 relatively easy, but you need the same things as a limited basically. carbs, head, exhaust work(waterbox) and you definitely need a magnum pump. triple parts are not cheaper than twin parts. however, the power delivery is wicked smooth and they don't wear you out like a screaming limited does.

a full limited will pull off the line on a stock 1100 easily.

an 1100 needs mods to wake it up, they are kinda dogs in stock form. both can be fast if you build them right. it gets old hearing people harp that an 1100 will always beat an 800 and that limiteds aren't worth it. you can build a wicked fast limited for roughly the same as a fast 1100, if not less.

Do the 1100 swap. I had lots of limited kawi and built a bunch of triples. The triple conversion is so easy, it bolts up to the 800 bed plate, shorten the driveshaft, get a decent prop and nozzle set up and some handling components.

Yes you can bore and stroke the 1100`s and they're retarded fast, my 5mm stroker was 67-68. But keep in mind if you want to go that route you need carbs intake head ignition Skat pump.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

you can build a wicked fast limited for roughly the same as a fast 1100, if not less.

The 800 needs: Pipe, carbs/intake, head, pump, ignition and race gas for as long as it runs!
Please explain how a full blown 800 limited is "roughly the same price or less" than an 1100 swap? You're not even close...

Oh, and you're way off on the speeds too. Read the SXR 1100 builds on PWCtoday, they're getting reliable 62mph on stock 1100's with dried out pipes on pump gas.

Last edited:
As soon as the water warms up here I'll be able to run some good tests on this subject... Just finished a little overhaul on my 1100; dried out pipe, added r&d head (+20 on comp), added flame arresters, bored nozzles (82/85), added r&d pump stuffer. Before I was seeing 55mph with bone stock 1100 and solas 15/24 prop. Next I'm putting together a sxr800 with wet pipe, v force 3s, r&d head, tl flywheel, Tdr waterbox, flame arrestors, worx intake grate, hooker 10/16, tbm pump stuffer, bored nozzle 80/82. I'll run both skis with gps and report back ASAP,

I and btw I've got way more $$$ in my limited 800 than my 1100, expecting low 60's out of the 1100, I highly doubt the limited 800 will touch that...

Compression (160-165), Vforce reeds, dried out pipe, r&d timing advance, rear waterbox and the right handing/prop will get you into the 60s on an 1100sxr. My first one was in the 60s for less than 2000K total investement, including buying the stx1100 for parts.

Add some decent carbs (46s work great) and a set back mag and no limited in the world will keep up.

IMO, its a no brainer going with the 1100. They make great numbers without having to invest in race fuel and they aren't even remotely pushed to the max. That engine was designed to push around 850lbs runabouts, so in a 400lbs stand up, it doesn't even know its working.

SM

Top Bottom