sxr 1100 swap info

Sounds to me like you've been talking to several 1100 gurus this whole time, type in "sxr 1100" in on google and it will bring up a bunch of threads on this site and pwctoday, theses threads will answer every question you could ever have...

personal experience. i have a limited and a friend of mine has an 1100 swap. when he first swapped his ski, it wasnt anywhere near the 60's. it was maybe 56 on a good day.

since then, hes had it ported, head, new 145 mag pump and prop, drop nozzle, carbs, and reeds, in addition to handling mods.

Now, it is in the low 60's.

if you start comparing parts costs, the same things you need to make an 1100 fast are the same, if not more, than what it costs to make an 800 fast.

im not way off on the speeds that i have seen in person. ive seen it and tried it. one persons "claimed speed" doesnt equal another persons "actual tested speed"

so joe blow says his 1100 does 64 and claims a fast limited does 56 tops. does that make it accurate?

im merely stating what ive seen in person, not repeating what the internet told me. what works for some doesnt work for others. my limited and his 1100 have cost roughly the same to build

personal experience. i have a limited and a friend of mine has an 1100 swap. when he first swapped his ski, it wasnt anywhere near the 60's. it was maybe 56 on a good day.

since then, hes had it ported, head, new 145 mag pump and prop, drop nozzle, carbs, and reeds, in addition to handling mods.

if you start comparing parts costs, the same things you need to make an 1100 fast are the same, if not more, than what it costs to make an 800 fast.

im not way off on the speeds that i have seen in person. ive seen it and tried it. one persons "claimed speed" doesnt equal another persons "actual tested speed"

so joe blow says his 1100 does 64 and claims a fast limited does 56 tops. does that make it accurate?

im merely stating what ive seen in person, not repeating what the internet told me. what works for some doesnt work for others. my limited and his 1100 have cost roughly the same to build
Not exactly when you factor in selling your stock 800. I got $2400 for my 800, with stock carbs, drypipe, and stock electronics. That was enough to pay for a limited 1100 setup with head, r&d manifold, bigger carbs and a coffman pipe, all I need now is a solas mag, so I'm into my 1100 build for the price of a mag pump. I was looking at a whole lot more to build a limited class sxr

What mph are you getting out of you limited? What all is done to it?

User_error, are you saying that all of your infinite wisdom shared above, is from your experience with One SXR 800 and One SXR 1100?

I guess of these these 1100 swaps are for novelty and bad fuel economy...

Wrench8840, if Scottie Mac is sharing setup information with you, LISTEN...

i guess we are comparing apples to oranges then because there are way too many variables to explore.

what if you don't sell your 800 motor? then the swap automatically "costs more" in laymans terms.

what if you buy new parts versus used parts? what if your 800 motor is totally blown up and its junk to begin with?

buying new parts is buying new parts. you cant convince me that buying an 1100 advent ignition it cheaper than buying an 800 advent ignition. when it comes down to it the actual new parts costs for an 1100 really are not that cheap

User_error, are you saying that all of your infinite wisdom shared above, is from your experience with One SXR 800 and One SXR 1100?

I guess of these these 1100 swaps are for novelty and bad fuel economy...

Wrench8840, if Scottie Mac is sharing setup information with you, LISTEN...

i am not claiming to have infinite wisdom, not did i ever claim to be an expert. i am merely commenting from my first hand experience. i listen as well as i read.

i guess we are comparing apples to oranges then because there are way too many variables to explore.

what if you don't sell your 800 motor? then the swap automatically "costs more" in laymans terms.

what if you buy new parts versus used parts? what if your 800 motor is totally blown up and its junk to begin with?

buying new parts is buying new parts. you cant convince me that buying an 1100 advent ignition it cheaper than buying an 800 advent ignition. when it comes down to it the actual new parts costs for an 1100 really are not that cheap

A spare 800 on the shelf is nice to have and pump gas will start saving you money immediately.

If your 800 motor is smoked, you are going to have to spend money regardless.

You are right there and the Advent is nice, but not a necessity. I've only seen one installed out of all the 1100 SXR and Blasters I ride with. Only because he was having problems with the 17 year old stock ignition.

Last edited:
User_error is right, there are WAY too many variables to say 1 ski will always be better than a different ski. shonet, there is a HUGE difference between one 1100 sxr and the next. Ive ridden some that just didn't run all that good and were kind of disappointing. On the other hand, Ive ridden some that are flat awesome. In my little group, we have had them from the high 58-59 range, all the way to near 69mph. But, the arc from one speed to the other obviously has a similar arc in costs, lol.

I guess I will put it this way, MY personal limited SXR, running every single bell and whistle allowed by the rules, set up for closed course, was a 57-58mph ski ON GLASS water with great holeshot. It ran on race gas. My personal limited sxr with 46s, vforces, dried pipe, timing and set back mag, was a 64mph ski on glass. The limited felt snappier, but the 1100 was faster, bottom to top.

Which one was better? That's in the eye of the rider. Me personally, I'll never go back, lol.

Scottie

Here's an easy comparison. My old race blaster. 8m, powervalve dasa, porting by Judge, set up by Joe. EVERYTHING you could do to it. MSD TL, dry pipe, 225psi, yada, yada, yada. There's quite a few on here who have ridden that ski who will tell you, it was the nastiest motor under 900ccs anyone would ever want. Won me two national titles. It was a true 61mph full race carbon blaster. My open spec (basically limited 1100 on pump gas) blaster, in a stock hull with hull extensions, was d@mn near equal, bottom to top. Again, the 8mil 'felt' faster, but the 1100 was right there. I sold that motor and one of my carbon hulls to Glen Jung. He has since won two national titles with it. Last year, I raced him with my open spec. IN 5 motos, he pulled three holeshots, I pulled 2. All 5 were neck and neck to the first turn. That's as real world as it gets. And I can tell you for certain, NO limted, at least legal limited, would holeshot that old 8mil.

Scottie

SterlingSilva

-----------------
if the concern here is fruit then lets just leave it at that.
apples to apples i don't think anybody in their right mind is gonna choose a stock 800 over a stock 1100. unless your worried about a cpl pounds.
oranges to oranges i don't think anybody in their right mind is gonna take a limited 800 over a limited 1100. unless your worried about a cpl pounds.

cost wise its pretty relative. you can find a 750 donor about as cheap as you can find an 1100 donor. 800 donor maybe not so much.

Im currently doing a stock 1100 swap into my sxi pro. no brainer if you ask me.

just my .02

tomski

X
if the concern here is fruit then lets just leave it at that.
apples to apples i don't think anybody in their right mind is gonna choose a stock 800 over a stock 1100. unless your worried about a cpl pounds.
oranges to oranges i don't think anybody in their right mind is gonna take a limited 800 over a limited 1100. unless your worried about a cpl pounds.

Actually for fun buoy riding on a small tight track I'll gladly take the stock 800.

Actually for fun buoy riding on a small tight track I'll gladly take the stock 800.

Some people can't handle a fast ski..... It happens. I know lots of girls that can't rid open skis too :p Lol jk it was too easy stockers can be a hoot.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

tomski

X
Some people can't handle a fast ski..... It happens. I know lots of girls that can't rid open skis too :p Lol jk it was too easy stockers can be a hoot.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

So that's the reason you sold your 1100? haha...see you in Havasu this year.

Top Bottom