Sxr 800 Questions

Dega

Mike
Hey guys im new to the forums and new to stand ups, I just had a few questions, I got a 2008 sxr 800 and i was wondering what are some mods that you guys recommend doing as a Must, I hear straps and the airblock off are. Also i was wondering how long does a tank of gas last and how long does the reserve tank last?

I tried to use the search before posting but for some resown i keep getting an error so is these have been answered im sorry for asking again.

Dega

Mike
It's more of a just free playing around machine i don't plan on doing any racing with it, i wouldn't mind trying some tricks like some subs and stuff

freekstyle

Keyboard Cowboy
First buy some bars, grips, and throttle! Then call Dave at Impros and have him set you up on an impeller repitch, or new impeller. Have someone bore the exit nozzle, stubby wetwolf cone, remove the trumpets from flame arrestor, and check jetting. Timing jumper if wanted. I have a new lightweight charging flywheel for sale that will help with the brappppp! lmk

Attachments

• jetinetics 003.jpg
    jetinetics 003.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 53
  • jetinetics 004.jpg
    jetinetics 004.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 42

vitalikol

Jetski-Snowboard
If you ride hard your tank will last about 1 hour. Reserve will last 10 min at best. So if you died and switch to reserve you better go back right away.
Air block off, Bilge pump, change rear drain for Versiplug, and maybe most important mod you can do ( almost everybody forget ) have a 10'- 15' long piece of rope with you for towing ( if you break or run out of gas )
After that - just ride it and if you can try other riders ski and see what you like

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Hi and welcome to the X, the land of the superjet! Oh hang, on I mean surf only, hang on ocean surf only Superjet site, LOL
Seriously though, an SXR is a fun boat and great for free riding, you will have to add a few mods along the way, but don't get in front of yourself. Ride it and enjoy, then build up if you are into it. Here's a link to my old SXR:
http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/1524
My SXR would last an hr in the surf, but it really depends on your riding style, etc. Reserve is about 5 min, but dont bank on using all 5, I had it die in the surf once, switched to reserve and made it about 100 ft.
also there are plenty of great riders in your area, and my old SXR, so meet up with a few of them and learn alot.

wuwayne1818

07 sxr, freestyle 750 sx
First mod should be sell it and buy a superjet. Unless you plan on racing or a big dude, a superjet is better...

Yami is obviously better for freestyle, but I love my sxr and with the riding I do (not racing) the sxr is much, much better. Mostly because I ride on the big lake and ride long distances occasionally.

First mod should be sell it and buy a superjet. Unless you plan on racing or a big dude, a superjet is better...

Better is only opinion...I've ridden tons of badass SJs and I own an SXR. Not because it's "better" but because I prefer it.

Mr. SeXieR

Carry a gun,cops R2 heavy
I too enjoy the comfort of the bigger boat for cruising, especially in choppy water. I think the sxr is a better beginner boat but without a trailer the bulk and weight can be a pain in the ass. Had to buy a trailer after one summer of lifting the heavy bastard in and out the back of my truck, and I have a hydraulic lift gate. I mainly ride on a very large lake and the range is prolly double that of a SJ. Ive cruised over 25 miles planed out half throttle on one tank!

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Must Mods if your not racing.

Hood Block Off.
Straps.
Bilge pump. (I recommend a Rulemate 750, just bungee it where the toolkit is, no switch)
Footholds (will improve your riding more than ANY OTHER MOD)
0 or 4 degree bars.

Then have fun and rip it for a year!

Next mods:
Factory Wetpipe.
Aluminum Charging Flywheel.
Bore the Nozzle (cheap)
-2 Aluminum Handlepole (get a superjet one and superjet steering, recommend x metal)
You can do the handlepole mod when yours breaks, it will.

Dega

Mike
Hey guys for the footholds what are your guys thoughts on MAC MASHER FOOTWELLS, I check and you don't have to cut into your haul what is nice but other that then i cant really find any other info on them

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
They are terrible. They don't really give you any grip at all. Unless your going to race, cut in the real ones. Nobody ever regrets it.

Top Bottom