SXR DIET

Been dropping some weight on this beast lately. If anyone is curious on weight, here you go. Hull w/everything except motor=240lbs. Engine with pipe=93lbs Total=333lbs dry. (Actually a little lighter today. Removed ebox bracket, exhaust support brace next to carbs, cut down throttle cable holder and removed bottom of battery box) Total mods, aluminum handle pole, removed bumbers, tdr waterbox, pipe, lightweight flywheel, butterfly chokes removed, fuel selector removed, rail caps removed, hydroturf, footholds, exhaust endcap removed, tail end cut flush with tray(way less drag), d cut ride plate, bored nozzle, hood liner removed, bilge pump, primer, milled head. Night and day difference from stock. Keeps on getting better.IMG_20140220_173105_554.jpg IMG_20140218_100158_619.jpg

Yeah I was thinking rad dudes but 175.00!? for three lbs, come on.... I didn't know 650 plate work. Any mod's to the plate to make it fit??

Been dropping some weight on this beast lately. If anyone is curious on weight, here you go. Hull w/everything except motor=240lbs. Engine with pipe=93lbs Total=333lbs dry. (Actually a little lighter today. Removed ebox bracket, exhaust support brace next to carbs, cut down throttle cable holder and removed bottom of battery box) Total mods, aluminum handle pole, removed bumbers, tdr waterbox, pipe, lightweight flywheel, butterfly chokes removed, fuel selector removed, rail caps removed, hydroturf, footholds, exhaust endcap removed, tail end cut flush with tray(way less drag), d cut ride plate, bored nozzle, hood liner removed, bilge pump, primer, milled head. Night and day difference from stock. Keeps on getting better.View attachment 242126 View attachment 242127

Got any close up pics of the rear where you trimmed the bond rail?

stagesrt4

see ya out there
Site Supporter
650/750/800 plate are all interchangeable

800 is heaviest, while 650 n 750 are identical

Be careful with the aluminum plate. I like plate n run one myself on a 650. But I heard on a 800 motor the plate might not hold up to the added torque, as well as the freestyle riding I sure you'll be doing

A major way to save weight is trim all the glue that was used to bond the two decks n trim up hood. That hood is crazy heavy

650/750/800 plate are all interchangeable

800 is heaviest, while 650 n 750 are identical

Be careful with the aluminum plate. I like plate n run one myself on a 650. But I heard on a 800 motor the plate might not hold up to the added torque, as well as the freestyle riding I sure you'll be doing

A major way to save weight is trim all the glue that was used to bond the two decks n trim up hood. That hood is crazy heavy
Alright cool I'll keeps that in mind. I started with the glue removal project. What a pain but yeah there's a ton in there. x2 on the hood did that last summer, and I removed the hardware. Super light now.

subhard

TITS OR GTFO
Got any close up pics of the rear where you trimmed the bond rail?
azajunu7.jpg
heres mine.

Looks good! Pretty much exactly how i have mine. I'm about to add a second versiplug on the right side under exhaust. I take out the bottom screw under that black exhaust cap after every ride. Water will pour out for a few minutes.

Looks good! Pretty much exactly how i have mine. I'm about to add a second versiplug on the right side under exhaust. I take out the bottom screw under that black exhaust cap after every ride. Water will pour out for a few minutes.

Dang, didn't know water could get in that area, I thought it was sealed off and foamed... Do you have a smaller exhaust flange on yours?, it doesn't look like there would be enough room for a plug there

Neither did I until I tried to take the flange off. As soon as the bolts came out so did the water.. It's the same size flange you're right there isn't enough room so basically I'm tracing the shape of the plug cover over the flange and cutting a small piece off.

I found a 650 drive shaft laying around in some of my dad's old ski parts, com paired it to an sxr driveshaft . Looks like it is 3" shorter than sxr, anyone ran this setup in there sxr? Guess you would have to move the motor mounts rearward, are there any other mods nessesary to run a 650 shaft? I think the motor might contact the ebox, maybe battery too. Anyone done this mod and have feedback on how it changed performance?
Also found an extra 650 engine plate, gonna take it to work tomorrow and compare it to a sxr plate weight..

849tigerbotkv1

formerly ihate5mphzone
650 sx shaft usually use for 1100 conversion , you will have to set the motor back . E box bracket has to be removed and mount the ebox directly to the dash .

As for the 650 bedplate it is about 2 lbs something saving over the sxr bedplate

Top Bottom