SXR DIET

What's the advantage to the aluminum tube ? Is it lighter than the rubber? I don't think it gets that hot after the waterbox. I've been running the Tdr powerspray in my sxr 1100 dry all season last year with no problem ...

It would look cool tho and you could probably get rid of the support bracket that holds the stock tube in place, that would save alittle weight...

Last edited:
Yep I just removed the exhaust support bracket, ebox bracket, cut out battery tray and trimmed throttle bracket since I'm running a pipe and chokes are removed.

Sent from my N800 using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I'm going for gaby!! NOTE: do not do this if your racing this ski!! When I cut the back end flush it made it a little more squirrely, which is what I like. That with the giant D-cut its nice. Really fun on 3-4 foot waves, slides nicely.

Sxrchris, do you ride in surf or flat water? Trying to decide if t wanna trim the rail flush at the rear of my sxr I'm building... I'm building it for freestyle and wave jumping but I'm not in surf. The lake I ride at doesn't have much traffic but I occasionally go to other lakes that have big cruziers putting out big waves. Just wondering if it would help much with the type of water I have around here or if it was mainly for surf riding...

I ride both. Imo it's a good mod if you're going for freestyle and wave jumping. There's less drag when jumping waves. You should look into d-cutting you're ride plate, it'll make those nose super light.. Personally i wish i would have done it sooner! Definitely noticed more pop off my own set-up wakes. At full throttle its a little sketchy haha chine walking is slightly increased.

Sent from my N800 using Tapatalk

Okay I'll probably do it, I just knew it's not something easily replaced if I didn't like it, ya I cut my stock plate off already gonna try it like that first.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Dang, didn't know water could get in that area, I thought it was sealed off and foamed...

Want to save weight on an SXR? get a versaplug. Your SXR is open to the back and has a channel going to the plug and then has styrofoam in it. There is about 1 gallon that can sit in the back, the versaplug lets that gallon out, saving you about 10 pounds.

Top Bottom