SXR Sxr handlepole Cracking

I thank everyone for their replies and input. I just received a call from the dealer saying kawi will warranty the pole. This is great news. I hope this is the only problem with this ski. I have owned a few 550's over the years with no trouble and this was the reason for this purchase.

I guess my next task is to replace the pole with an aftermarket. I know there are a few topics on this so I wont ask.

Does anyone know of any other common problems with this ski?

FFC adjustable pole that I have in stock are only 9lb at -2. It comes with New bushing, and all Stainless hardware including the steering cable bracket. You will need to use a aftermarket steering system like UMI or Blowsion. Notice the pole height
with the stock spring Without tensioner.

IMG_20120716_173429.jpgIMG_20120716_171104.jpgIMG_20120716_173441.jpg

Sounds very interesting. The adjustability is at the base bracket? Is it mandatory the pole rope or does it work with the OEM stoppers? Is it all aluminum? How much is the setup without steering system?
Thanks.

Sounds very interesting. The adjustability is at the base bracket? Is it mandatory the pole rope or does it work with the OEM stoppers? Is it all aluminum? How much is the setup without steering system?
Thanks.

Yes it adjust at the base. 2" in and 1" out without cut the tubes. They are made out 6061 T6 aluminum tubing and Plate. They are Tig welded in a jig to a sure it square. The mill pole is $450. + shipping. powder coating is +$60 . It come with new base bushing and all stainless hardware and the steering cable bracket. You will need a new pad. I do offer an aluminum pad base that you could Hydro-turf for $50 or a stock RN Superjet and Blowsion carbon pads will bolt on
It will accept Umi, Blowsion, RRP, Steering system. That's a limiting rope for when your riding. The pole will go past 90 and stop on the OEM pad. I been building custom pole for the past 4 year and the owner of farrellfab.com. We are currently working on a new jet ski section that will have the Poles and Beach carts we build.

IceRocket1286

Site Supporter
All sxr and sxi poles are known to crack in that spot. Back in the day a company made " beef it" plates. These plates had the same shape as the side of the pole and riveted on. You also spread silicone on the back of the plate to help distribute the reinforcement. They were made of aluminum, you can make these yourself. I will try and scrounge up an old photo and show you.

I have an RRP on two skis and absolutely love it. I have an AC SJ pole ink one and it is ok, not crazy about it other than looks. I am not crazy on the look of the stock pole, but I do love it's feel and geometry. Another ski of mine has a UMI pole, which I also like.

My recommendation is that while you search for a new pole, reinforce with these beef it plates to prevent future cracking. I will try and dig up a photo for you.

TJR

SCREW LUCK
Mine did crack also, but was told it was aggressive riding.It is a very weak and thin area, but it do have a small reinforce piece glassed in on the inside.
The way you tie down your ski with the strap over the bars is not good for the pole either. You can use the strap to hold down the ski, but not up and over the bars. Use a bungee cord just to hold the pole down so it doesn’t bounce when you hit a bump in the road.

Last edited:
That strap doesnt apply any more force than a bungy cord. Beside,the crack starts from the bottom and proceeds vertical. With that note my new pole is cracking as well. I guess I ride this thing to hard. I dont know.
I think it will be a while before I replace it with A/M.
TJR why is your font black?

screaming440

The Old Skool Professor
the sxr pole is the same one they have been using on the 750s and 800s for the last 20 years. they have always cracked in that spot this is nothing new.

Beef It use to make a metal plate that covered that spot to keep it from cracking. i think the Beef It guy still makes them but he does not advertize so he is hard to find.

That's the best part... The sticker. The dealer asked me if I wanted them on the new pole, I said hell yeah!

Top Bottom