SXR Hood Block Off Kit

This was the first weekend I got to ride my STOCK 07' SXR. I noticed it was taking in a lot of water after multiple tricks. I was looking at buying the OEM SXR Hood Kit from Blowsion to prevent water from entering the engine compartment.

Is this a good idea? Does it work good? I'm looking at the picture on the site (http://www.blowsion.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=03-04-001) and don't understand where the hole is on the hood. I'm trying to picture it in my mind but can't figure it out. Thanks.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Take your hood off. It is the round hole in the front of the hood. Just block it off with a a plumbing cap from your local hardware store and pull off your front downtube. You don't need it. Or just duct tape over the hole.

Next flip the hood upside down and look for the air intake in the back...make a 2nd one on the other side that looks kinda the same.

I personally would lighten the hood while your at it. Look at this thread.

http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/37894&highlight=sxr+hood

(the search key is your friend.)

Last edited:

Zerfman34

M.D. in the works...
ya save some money and just block it off some other way. i almost sunk once before i blocked mine scared the bejeezes outta me.

Zerfman34

M.D. in the works...
oh yeah dude you FOR SURE need a bilge asap. Just glue it to the bottom underneath the driveshaft you can do it real quick!

Kwaka

NFC!
I just put in the Blowsion carbon hood baffle and block off kit, both work great (hood baffle is difficult to install though). Have a look at my build page.

Also, get a bilge!

Ok. Re-visiting to this post. I am going to block of the hole some other way tomorrow (not spending $25 at Blowsion). They told me in an email to "open an additional vent in the hood which will compensate for the hood block off, you just need some sort of cutting tool, Dremel, air saw, Die grinder."

Since I'm leaving early in the morning, I don't have time to respond to them, or wait for their response.

I was wondering...

--How big should the hole be in the back?
--What side should it be put on?

Any pictures?

Thanks!

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
check my newb thread on the SXR I think there are picts in there. The additional hole is not even required unless u are a racer or have other mods done. I ran a 1/2" hole in the side of mine for almost half a season and it ran fine.

Zerfman34

M.D. in the works...
here ya go. i'm gonna be in chi town next weekend you got anything goin on?

Attachments

• resized hole.jpg
    resized hole.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 52
Top Bottom