sxr hood problem

My stock sxr hood keeps coming off when i do subs and fountians etc. I don't have the kind of money to buy a new hood so thats not an option. Ive been looking at hood straps or new latches, any suggestions?

hoodstraps

go for some inexpensive hoodstraps man, i put them on my SXR shortley after i got it and they work awsome. I actually made them with the plastic buckles and nylon webbed strap with gromet holes for the screws to go through so they dont pull loose.got all the materials from wal-mart. they look like i bought them from blowsion but costed me like 6 bucks.

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I am having issues with mine also, check for worn parts including the hood seal, latch, catch hood hooks. They are all shot on mine.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Screw them into your hull under your fuel and choke switches in the back. In the front, drill small holes in the straps and bolt them to your handlepole bracket. Works perfectly. :cool:

Cool all I need to do now is slap a bilge in this thing, I like your set up djkorn sounds easy and cheap. I have to wait untill next summer before I start dumping $ into this thing. Almost tinking about selling my Banshee, but I dont know what I would do without a Dumont trip or two.

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
how do you guys not "rack" yourselves on those hood strap ratchets? i've been thinking about it for my ski, but those big-azz metal buckles staring at my knees kind of scare me. i've seen some covered with a little hydroturf. There's still plenty of metal open to grab some skin though.

Made the straps last summer. I didn't use ratchet straps I used something I found in the garage, they work great thanks for the advice guys.

Top Bottom