SXR SXR mod must haves?

Looking for advice on some upgrades for my sxr! I only lake ride, occasional buoy action when possible. Upgrades I have made so far are R&D rideplate, TDR waterbox, and removed the rubber grommets for more air flow. I was curious on what affordable upgrades everyone suggests for an sxr.

On another note, I was checking out the wet pipe on blowsion's site and curious if its really worth it?

THANKS!

keep the motor stock for best gas miles and reliablilty, put handleing components from TBM or others on it and get the foam lifters for the sides of your tray, also get some hood straps, a versa plug and a pole spring block.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Do you want to jump and have low end, or go fast carve and have top end? This will make ALL the difference in which mods you get.

However, either way, best bang for buck.
#Zero lightened flywheel
mill the head to 180psi
advance timiing.
4 degree bars.

i always ran the skat trak stainless steel double scoop. i like bullet proof. i once had an aluminum grate grenade and go thru my pump. there is a lot of debris in the sacto river that can break a grate. any grate will do as opposed to stock.

I am more into fast carve type riding.

If your into fast carving first thing to do is put on some prowatercraft front sponsons. Full throttle turning. It depends on your budget for the mods. I race the stock class in reg 1 and have been going threw the same stuff/questions myself. If I were you id keep it stock and set it up for good handling good. Or save your money and put an 1100 in it. Tbm makes the best stocker intake grate and ride plate. put some filters on it a factory pipe timing loop a r and d exhaust stuffer cone, prop and ride the piss out of it without working on it as much

If your into fast carving first thing to do is put on some prowatercraft front sponsons. Full throttle turning. It depends on your budget for the mods. I race the stock class in reg 1 and have been going threw the same stuff/questions myself. If I were you id keep it stock and set it up for good handling good. Or save your money and put an 1100 in it. Tbm makes the best stocker intake grate and ride plate. put some filters on it a factory pipe timing loop a r and d exhaust stuffer cone, prop and ride the piss out of it without working on it as much

I agree with the 1100 comment, you can get pretty impressive power for not alot of money by doing a 1100 swap, theres so many threads on the subject it makes it pretty easy to do. And you can sell your stock 800 motor and buy a whole stx1100 donor ski with the money. May not be the answer your looking for but its winter so youve got plenty of time to build one and right before christmas is a good time to find a cheap donor ski. Or you could just buy my sxr1100 and be done...
On another note i would say spend money on handleing upgrades, all the power in the world wont help much if you can get around the buoys. On my sxr1100 im running destroyer front sponsons, tbm rideplate, jsu rears sponsons and i love it! Night and day difference compaired to my stock sxr.

As stated many times the TBM is an awesome intake grate design that compliments the SXR pump tunnel. I do beleive that the Bullet Racing ride plate is highly underated and overlooked, either because people dont know about Bullet (not sure how since they are serious competitors and rack up lots of titles) or that it is not listed "for sale " separate in catalogs. Worth a look for sure.

Pm me, I have built a lot of sxr's for myself and other people. Tested almost every intake grate, ride plate, sponsons, etc. From stock, full limited (58 mph) to 1200 triple full blown mods. There's to many variables with riding type and budget.

Top Bottom