SXR - Mounting e box to hull

cmeripper26

Ripper26
Thats a good idea. I was actually gonna make an aluminum or carbon backing plate to bolt the stock e-box onto and attach to the rear bulkhead. I think it would save some serious work space in the engine compartment! i think that brace that the e-box is mounted on takes up way to much work space!

I have that done to all my fx1's.....I just thru bolted the Ebox right to the firewall....

also put a piece of turf in between the box and hull..

reason I did it is that there is not much clearance between the B headpipe and the Ebox on an Fx1

Not much to show a picture of though.....

Kwaka

NFC!
This is what I'm thinking:

Mark up and drill through the firewall.
Shape some ali tubing to act as spacers between ebox holes and the hull.
Epoxy SS bolts into the hull because front hold is going in over there and I need to make sure I can get the thing out again without having to cut the hold off.
Put it in and tighten up.

Should save weight and space in the hull.

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
Thats a good idea. I was actually gonna make an aluminum or carbon backing plate to bolt the stock e-box onto and attach to the rear bulkhead. I think it would save some serious work space in the engine compartment! i think that brace that the e-box is mounted on takes up way to much work space!

Motoine Racing in Japan sell a carbon fiber version. I will have to try and find their website.

I posted a thread on that question and didn't get any responses. I just took 2 stainless bolts 1/4 inch dia by 4 inches long and some fender washers and lock nuts. I have 2 bolt heads in the bottom of my tray that were low enough to get covered by the bottom pad. I have a wamiltons hull though. I don't know if it can be mounted that low on the stock hull. Its nice to have it mounted like that when the engine is set back.

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
I have that done to all my fx1's.....I just thru bolted the Ebox right to the firewall....

also put a piece of turf in between the box and hull..

reason I did it is that there is not much clearance between the B headpipe and the Ebox on an Fx1

Not much to show a picture of though.....
i'm probably trippin' but i thought FX-1's already had the ebox bolted to the dash like you showed in your pics... with three large screws

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
i'm probably trippin' but i thought FX-1's already had the ebox bolted to the dash like you showed in your pics... with three large screws

My FX1 had holes in the tray for those 3 too, I thought I was trippin and drilled it for SJ style Ebox mounts.

Top Bottom