SXR sxr rebuild

Kawi 800

06' SXR
My 06 sxr was running great until it fried the electronics. I hate the e box
and want to go total loss. I pulled my stuff yesterday because I wanna re- build the motor and go msd. I have some questions like what do i need for an msd set up besides thr total loss fly wheel. Pictures to come with this rebuild.

View attachment 186157

Last edited:

Kawi 800

06' SXR
This is mostly the questions post, i have a build page going on in the ski build forum. What pistons is everyone running after a re-build? I heard to stay away from weisoco and go pro X but what does everyone think?

Cannibal

Tasty Human
I was all concerned with the purported warm up period with Wisecos, but after talking with people who actually own them and Art, you really only need to stay out of the throttle long enough to get from the boat launch out of the no wake zone.

I was also going to 84mm bore, and Wisecos are the only option, but essentially, they were nothing to worry about. I still haven't got my ski going, so I can't comment myself, but others have put my concerns to rest.

Octane_114

LeT tHe gOOd tImEs RoLL
I have ran wiseco pistons in all my 2 strokes.. no issues it's how you first break the pistons in. wiseco's are the strongest, lightest billet/forged piston.

pro-x, wsm, ect. are all cast. you get what you pay for

if it was my sxr i would have the cylinders bored correctly and run wiseco's

Last edited:

Kawi 800

06' SXR
Just got my MSD set up, i need a wiring diagram, anyone know where i can get one or have anything they can send me? I couldnt find anything on their web site.

Kawi 800

06' SXR
Going to be getting my block boared out .5mm this week and ordering the top end kit very soon. Biggest thing i am stuck on is the MSD set up, i have the wire diagram i have just never done anything with total loss before with the timing and stuff. Anyone set these up before any info would be awesome.

Top Bottom