SXR SXR tubbie 3 or tubbie 2 race/rec

I plan on racing this year and came to the conclusion that tubbies would be a good idea, but i dont know which ones to get. i was looking at tubbie 3 slimphast or tubbie 2 race sponsons but dont know which one is better. Destroyers are out of my price range. An answer asap would be greatt

Hit up optima racing. I've seen them let the tubby destroyers go for pretty cheap shipped. Not much more than the tubby 2 or 3's. Honestly. I'd pay the extra $50 bucks and get the right thing the first time.

If you plan on racing tubbies are a MUST and will give you a competitive advantage or at least keep you in the running for those who have them.

Anyways, welcome to the site and remember you can't PM or receive PM's till at least 5 posts have been made on the forums!

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
Agreed. The Destroyers are the easiest install of all the tubbies.

Optima Racing is the best.

OptimaRacing

Jet zoomers
Everybody is correct!

1. Tubbies (front sponsons) are a great idea for a racing application.
2. The Destroyers are the easiest to install and offer you the option to move them rather easily, or even remove them if needed.
3. OptimaRacing is the best, lol!

P.S. Shoot me an email to Mike@OptimaRacing.com. I have a used set of Destroyers I would let go for $275 shipped!

Scorn800

Ride for life
Did you have to pull the engine?

Did the hardware plastic make you high?

Yeah I had the motor out already. I even pulled water box and foam as the front left inside T nut did not want to sit flush.
I didn't use the supplied Devcon. I used Marine-Tex which I feel is better.
And I quit sniffing glue last week, but Kawasaki's will always be GREEN

Last edited:
Top Bottom