sxr turf on grab rail

Zerfman34

M.D. in the works...
ugh i searched for this but couldn't find anything. has anyone turfed all the way around the grab rail of an sx-r? I just bought some wcf footholds today and was thinking about turfing all the way around, but the nose piece covers the front so i don't know how (or if) that will work...

did I completely miss this on build threads or something?

Zerfman34

M.D. in the works...
nice build. so you have just the sides turfed from the back corner to the nose piece? that's what I was thinking about doing. thanks man!

Zerfman34

M.D. in the works...
I was thinking about doing blue turf. the 07's only have kawi green, white and black in them. with a blue chinpad and some blue bling from blowsion that might look sweet what do you guys think?

blue_kawi.jpg

Last edited:

ATLxGT13

i need more parts
ive turfed my kawi around twice with green turf
i had two problems:

one, the green faded really quickly (<15 hrs of riding) beacause, well, it's lime green

two, the turf started coming up around the edges. the tips i received were, once the turf is on (and use heat so it stays), cut a 45 deg. cut on the bottom of the turf where it ends on the rail; the next was to put a bead of super glue around the seams of the turf so that water doesnt spray around it.

but i actually just ordered some TBM bumpers to put around the sides so i don't have problems any more, plus theyre a more long term setup.

however: if you decide to turf, the rivet holes left from the OEM bumpers need to be covered by something (i used epoxy) so water doesnt spray on the underside of the turf.

good luck

aranka

usually drunk
I was thinking about doing blue turf. the 07's only have kawi green, white and black in them. with a blue chinpad and some blue bling from blowsion that might look sweet what do you guys think?

blue_kawi.jpg

that looks like papa smurf puked on your ski.

go with black that would be bad a$$

The blue turf would look good if your pole was black, or wraped in carbon fiber, and then bought a 08 blue decal kit.. . . .i think the white green, and black would be too much with blue added

Zerfman34

M.D. in the works...
haha aranka the important question is what would smurfette think about it?

you guys are prob. right i was just lookin for a cheap way to add some bling. molded diamond it is!

Zerfman34

M.D. in the works...
nice shop job sho n off. my plans all changed yesterday at about 2 pm when i possibly slipped a disc in my back (L3 or L4) workin out. EMS had to take me to the hospital and sheit. they think it is just a severe muscle spasm but could still be a problem with a disc we just gotta wait.

now that i will have at least a month off the water I can really get into some mods! sxr guy what do you think if i did blue just around the front bumper not the nose piece. that might be cool.

dayum my back hurts just thinkin about jet skis! :crying::mad::banghead:

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
nice shop job sho n off. my plans all changed yesterday at about 2 pm when i possibly slipped a disc in my back (L3 or L4) workin out. EMS had to take me to the hospital and sheit. they think it is just a severe muscle spasm but could still be a problem with a disc we just gotta wait.

now that i will have at least a month off the water I can really get into some mods! sxr guy what do you think if i did blue just around the front bumper not the nose piece. that might be cool.

dayum my back hurts just thinkin about jet skis! :crying::mad::banghead:

59762_simpsons_nelson_haha2_123_104lo.jpg

Sorry about your back.

Top Bottom