SXR Weight saving

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
The hood is the best weight savings you can do. Because of where it is located and how big it is, it makes a huge difference in handling. I didn't believe it at first, until I tried it. The Trinity is beautiful.

Grind the glue, throw out the EBox bracket and mount right to the hull, aftermarket waterbox, Factory Wet Pipe....and then your weight isn't too bad. To make it feel lighter, cut off the ride plate to raise the nose. Also make sure your not riding around with a bunch of water in the back of it. Remember, SXRs let the water drain into the back of the hull and have no way to release it back there...unless you use a duckbill, I suggest sealing off that hole and putting in a scupper.

Kwaka

NFC!
Thanks DJ.

I think I'll go with a new hood, ebox bracket and also grind the glue out, I'll put in a duckbill for now and look at putting in a scupper in winter. I'm already running a dry pipe and carbon D cut plate (made a huge difference). Is a AM waterbox worth the money?

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Yep, DJ is right on! SXR's are fun if you shave off some weight. Just watch if you put a scupper in not to have all that water trapped in the back of the ski.

Got a versiplug for the sxr, never used it yet. Its really cool though. It can drain water if your moving a little bit. Doesnt have to even be on plane!

take the engine plate cut some weight off that then take all the stainless hardware off like the choke and throtle braket, and the one on the hood, e box, flywheel put the stuff in a 5 gal bucket to weigh it it all ads up good luck if you come to daytona look for me you can try my ski out its realy light got all the above done except buying the hood i cut up my stock one

Kwaka

NFC!
I'd love to come to Daytona but it's a little far from South Africa :-( I've also cut my hood up (got a carbon baffle in it) so am going to do all those other things.

Thanks!

Not to poo poo on the parade but lightening and SXR makes a sh!tty race boat and a mediocre freestyle boat.. though i never tried it in the surf.. have fun with it as its an awesome wake jumper..

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Not to poo poo on the parade but lightening and SXR makes a sh!tty race boat and a mediocre freestyle boat.. though i never tried it in the surf.. have fun with it as its an awesome wake jumper..

Is that cause the SJ Is the only freestlye ski???

Post some pics or start a build thread and let us see your progress.

Top Bottom