SXR Wetpipe in X2

so whats the big deal.... i was told numerous times that this couldnt work???? any comments

Attachments

• IMGP1347.jpg
    IMGP1347.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 236
  • IMGP1348.jpg
    IMGP1348.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMGP1349.jpg
    IMGP1349.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMGP1350.jpg
    IMGP1350.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 98
there are still more than a few things that need to be tweeked out... mainly that exit on the bottom of the pipe... if that is going to be coming in contact with the hull it will break and you wont be happy... ive been told by many ppl....i have also been told that someone called FP and they said that a few guys from japan tried this a few years back and couldnt make it work

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
Yeah I was always told it wouldn't fit. What if you removed the bottom exit and put it on the end? Or put it up top? Just a thought.

Do you ahve any other chambers you can set that SXR wet pipe chamber next to to get an idea of the size?

Keep us posted, looks good!

PS I never believe anything the lady at FPP says anymore...

Yeah I was always told it wouldn't fit. What if you removed the bottom exit and put it on the end? Or put it up top? Just a thought.

Do you ahve any other chambers you can set that SXR wet pipe chamber next to to get an idea of the size?

Keep us posted, looks good!

PS I never believe anything the lady at FPP says anymore...

if you move the exit on the camber i believe you would be messing up the direction of exhaust gasses(not good) also water would tend to build up inside since the exit would be too high(whether is be the side or top)

anyone selling a sxr wet pipe? or dry? sorry to highjack, free bump

fast .. what happened to that link i sent you about the dry pipe...did he already sell it?

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
if you move the exit on the camber i believe you would be messing up the direction of exhaust gasses(not good) also water would tend to build up inside since the exit would be too high(whether is be the side or top)
Won't hurt a thing, look at a blaster limited chamber.

Attachments

• 101_5665.jpg
    101_5665.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 101_5662.jpg
    101_5662.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
All you would have to do is wrap the bottom bleed with some exhaust wrap to protect the hull and build a bracket to change the angle of the pipe to lift it up a bit so its not rubbing.

If in my case your running a rear exit exhaust, youd have to change it back to the side.

In my time of riding, building and typing on this and the other forum; Ive seen some pretty innovative modding to x2's so I know that somebody could easily make this work..........

Just a whole lot of this :trink26::trink26::trink26:, Some of this $$$$$$ and a little bit of this :smashfreakB::smashfreakB: and your x2 will have some :bling:.....

Now if I could just talk the wife into letting me buy one.... :scratchchin:.

tom21

havin fun
there are still more than a few things that need to be tweeked out... mainly that exit on the bottom of the pipe... if that is going to be coming in contact with the hull it will break and you wont be happy... ive been told by many ppl....i have also been told that someone called FP and they said that a few guys from japan tried this a few years back and couldnt make it work

did I miss something or do all guys from Japan have mad x2 building skills? f them! this is America Dammit! we can do anything! lol

and that lady at factory pipe is really not pleasant to talk to. you can tell she hates us and hates her job. its almost like they pay her not to help or sell product. kinda makes me wish for an automated help system with the voice of some guy in bangalumpour(sp) "hellooo this is Rajneesh and I am berry glad to help you" but with an accent so thick you are not even sure what he is saying is in english.

looks like a perfect fit, can you angle it up a little and wad up a ton of turf to fit under the chamber? you know southern style? lol

get er done.

let us know how it rips.

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
I totally agree with you Tom! That is on the Japanese guys and on the lady at FPP. She always swears to me that the Yamaha and Kawie head pipes won't interchange.

tom21

havin fun
pfft- like she knows! she only knows what they tell her. and it ain't much.

you are supposed to take the screws out every month and grease them. yeah right! how will they seize up if you keep greasing them? duh? lol

Yeah, they told me that a FP manifold I had on my 650 was never made and that it was maybe a 750 mani and would not work on a 650. I said, well it's on, here's a pic and they still denied it ever existed...I thought that strange.

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
Yeah, they told me that a FP manifold I had on my 650 was never made and that it was maybe a 750 mani and would not work on a 650. I said, well it's on, here's a pic and they still denied it ever existed...I thought that strange.

I have the same manifold. They denied it to me as well. It came with their rare XiR pipe. The 750 SX mod pipe comes with a manifold and it won't work since it turns the head pipe some ot clear the hull.

The manifold you talk about is the same exact one they use on the SXR wet pipe now... go figure...

They are still doing it even last week brutal customer service. I need 3. Most everyone that wants a fP is running some kind of custom setup so make it easy for us.
When I bought mine a couple years ago they said the SXR pip would not work evwn the SJ chamber as well...
Come on guys...your tech is getting old time to start making it available to us old school tuners.

Top Bottom