Sxr800 gray stuff from exhaust

I was out on the ski almost a full tank through than my ski died. So finally got I started and it wouldent get past like 10 mph got back and filled tank and sill same problem. Got home and started it and gray slimy stuff came out the rear exhast any clue what I have wrong or what's up? I got pics will post later. Plz help

Last edited:

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
yeah, I had that issue with mine, it has to do with the stuff sludging in your waterbox. Eventually it will blow out of there, but as far as it not running right I wonder if you had the proper ratio of oil/gas going.... Pull the plugs, you'll probably find the same slimy stuff on the plugs too. That could mean water ingestion too. Hook up the flush kit, pop some new plugs in and run it for a while with the trailer/ski tilted. That should drain most of the gunk. Then take it out to a body of fresh water and run it until you are confident it's running like it should.

I'm not positive but I don't thinks it's a motor issue. I took pipe off and there was nothing there. Going to try to flush it out tonight see what happens.

I'm using 50:1 ratio of quicksilver premium plus
jw what are y'all using and what ratio?

Last edited:
I was wondering what that was too. I fired mine up sunday after being winterized for the past five four months and the same thing happened. I just left them running on the hose for about 15min then gassed her a bit.....she seemed to be all cleaned out. She ran great all day.....both of them.

Cool ya I had that at first.. Dident worry to much than a few days later after ridding this gray stuff started spewing out I got pics bit for some reasion the site won't let me on with my comp.

Ok I took water box out. Wow full of gunk.. Replaced water box with tdr water box wow what a great sound now! Also ski seems to run so much better than before.. Bet that was my problem.
The guy had the mix screws 2 turns out on one carb I put it back to stock settings. And hope that will cure all

Ya it's not on plugs. I asked some local people and they belived he used wrong type of oil. They say it looks like out board motor oil. Hum makes kinda sence the way it feels and looks

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
It happens everytime I run it in salt water after a long time in fresh water...all the gook cleans off the pipe and sits in the water box. This also happens if I foul a plug, or don't blow it out after riding. (Gas sitting in water box.)

cmeripper26

Ripper26
For the first few rides just run kawi chem, it's the lightest oil and it works well. After running a few tanks with the kawi chem it should begin to run a little cleaner.

Top Bottom