Sylvan Lake, AB Laketakeover Freeride

Aug 8, 9, 10 for all you Alberta Freeriders.. Just trying to get all the Alberta boys ( and ladies) together in a central location to rip it up and show the plethora of couches out there why to buy a stand-up ..

Post a bump if you plan on attending and pass on the word..

Guess the water cops have been quite upity this summer at sylvan.. (a guy got stoped 3 time in one day) so unless we all have our numbers ( i do not ) maybe another lake or riding spot.. Open to suggestions

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
So why not just get numbers? Seems like a simple solution to me. lol

I lived in High Level, AB for 7 years and never heard of anything like this. Nice of you guys to start something now that i've moved away. HAHA

How did it work out last year?
Are you planning on doing it again next year?

Well it only took about 1/2hr for the cops to show up due to a noise complaint and ppl fearing for their children's lives..

Even though we walked our skis in from like 100ft away from the swimming area and some guy in a Wake B boat blasting rap that could be heard miles away didn't seem to be bothered. Or how about ppl pulling tubes driving forwards looking back wards. Sit downs running amok with ppl with as smart as potatoes driving them.

Enough ranting.. It just seemed like for the exposure we hoped we would get we were met like a bunch of moshers at a Hanna Montana concert. I think that lake is off limits for skis unless u are looking for issues.

June 13 & 14 we will be doing a fun run in Alix, AB with a 2hr endurance race and a best of show freestyle performance.. Should be about 20ish racers with about 5 freeriders.. Might even be able to get a couple of wakeboard boats to make some V-wakes for us..

Then as aways there is the WCWA circuit which does have a freestyle competion at lunch and racin' all day long.. check www.klipperracing.com for the schedule..

PM me with your number and I'll give you a call and we'll set it up!

Hey all!! I am down for a freeride again this year, I missed the enduro at alix last year because I drove down to the states to pick up my 08 SJ, but Deff going to be there this year!!

Pigeon lake would not be a bad place to have something like this. . .the only real downside is the depth of the lake, but I know there are a few of us from this forum that have cabins out here. . . me included

Lets get something going!!!

only hit a v wake on my limited sxr.. i can see how a back flip would be possible.. not just jumping off the 6' wave you land in the -6' trough.. the water we did it in was 12' deep and i hit the bottom after i bailed, stood up and a wall of water tried to drown me.. fun fun! now we need some spring!

i go with a buncha guys alot to jack fish lake and down to the river by the zoo it would be awesome to meet some of u guys ha never thought there were this many guys with stand ups in edmonton it will definately be a wicked summer

We are doing it again! this time the spot is Alix, AB ( a few minutes east of Red Deer ) Some guys are showing up and there might be a 2 hour team fun buoy run, might be some freestyle best trick, might be some beers drank, might be a whole lotta fun! So saddle up the Superjet, SXR, Hydro or Couch and come on out to the " Ice Breaker " in Alix, AB June 13 & 14.. PM me for more details and directions!

dolf

not your average monkey!
I suppose that I am a little late for this year. I was beginning to think that I may own the only PWC without a seat in Alberta. I had looked for one for a good long time and now own a superjet (recently bought in Pheonix.) I am in Calgary and sometimes get up around central Alberta (Red Deer) and have not seen a stand on in 3 or 4 years- so it is good to have some evidence that other riders do exist somewhere in this province. Anyhow, I'll keep an eye on this tread to see if you all do it again next year.

dolf

not your average monkey!
Thanks; it seems there may be another couple of events in Alberta. I ***might*** try to make the McMurray one; we'll see how I feel about the highway I swore to stay off of leading to the town I vowed I would never return to (yeah, it's a long story with an unhappy ending.) On top of that there are tentative plans to hit Gull lake that weekend.

I could always wait and go to Penticton. I love that place and that date should provide great summer riding before fall strikes... then winter... This early depression reminds me of my days water skiing and dreading the snow (not that you can't hit the lake in snow...)

Last edited:

Malt

06 SXR
I know the feeling of being the only stand up, and getting the looks by the seadoo guys. That would be awsome if we could get a group stand up ride one of these days somewhere in Alberta, I am definatly willing to travel. Oh and i mostly ride south of Calgary

Add another standup rider to that list... once I work a few lil bugs out I am definately up for a ride. My 750 is turning into a headgasket/piston popper

Top Bottom