Super Jet tank block off when running an internal filler

Schmidty721

someone turf my rails
Yup, just running a rubber plumbing cap and hose clamp. Can be found mixed in with all of the different plumbing fittings at any home improvement store

The most sano way to do it is to move the pickup cap around to the front where the filler used to be and bend the pickup tubes down toward the bottom of the tank. Then cut off old pickup tube neck flush with tank and install new filler cap in its place. No new holes to drill or old unused holes to cap off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

motorsport mania

Oside - Where the surfs at
ADDict sweet idea, I was lazy and bought the CF filler, Came with a cap for the tank what one did you buy Nobbyk?

Im thinking about leaving the gas cap on the outside and making it so i can store my tow rope in that location, using the stock pickup tube and blocking the internal side off with another cap with some holes to let water drain but keep the rope all contained.

ms sport mania ive gone for the blowsion one , not arrived yet though ! and after reading this thread i double checked and it comes with a cap ...duuuuh :)

Schmidty721

someone turf my rails
ADDict sweet idea, I was lazy and bought the CF filler, Came with a cap for the tank what one did you buy Nobbyk?

Im thinking about leaving the gas cap on the outside and making it so i can store my tow rope in that location, using the stock pickup tube and blocking the internal side off with another cap with some holes to let water drain but keep the rope all contained.

Why would you want to convert to internal fill on a hull that doesn't require it?

motorsport mania

Oside - Where the surfs at
Why would you want to convert to internal fill on a hull that doesn't require it?

because knocking you gas cap slightly lose and getting salt water in your tank and carbs sucks. never again. I also had a leak in my alum pickups causing air to be sucked into my pickup line on a 3/4 tank of fuel or less.

so for those two reasons internal fuel fill.

And because i really just like to surprise my ski with new parts from time to time.

Top Bottom