Tanker Chasing On Galveston Bay

Its all about the surf!
That looked fun! Cool vid guys! Just a small tip- if you rain-x the lens of your Go Pro the water spots will slide away

Superjetter_95

Looking to the sky
thanks for the kind words guys.

Mick, i made sure to exclude the shots of you on that... monster :ugh2:

Got Penguin falling quite a few times too! though i did my share of those as well.

Was a fun ride! glad everyone that could make it did. hope we can do that again soon, without the tow back. Thanks to a missing driveshaft shield and almost no gas. figured that out a little late. :woot:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Looks like fun...the tankers here, stir up sand and mud too (In 30 to 40 feet of water)....they just don't go fast enough to kick up a wake.

I'd love to try and do this Saturday or Sunday, let me know if there is any talk of it! I'll drive down for sure!

Superjetter_95

Looking to the sky
yeah for sure, i'll see whats up. Post something up in the Lonestar Freeride section. Im sure if anyone is up for it, you'll hear from them! I've got some work on my ski to do before i can make it out again, i might be able to finish before this weekend. not 100% sure about that though

I love that a guy is arguing that you're seeing oil in the water even though he isn't there at all. I agree with Waterhawk though. You guys should check for oil in your gas. If there is any it's probably from the oil leak and not from you guys premixing.

But those waves are sick. Do you guys have to keep your distance? (other than for personal safety)? Because cruise ships here have sick wake but they also have boats patrolling around them with 50 cal machine guns so i keep my distance.

Superjetter_95

Looking to the sky
all of that was wake from shipping tankers. theres no patrol boats or anything either. we are a good distance away from them as well, the waves probably break a quarter mile behind the boats sometimes

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
That looks like a good time, I remember seeing guys surfing waves like that in a surfing movie (endless summer 2?)

I had a chance to try this out on Sunday, it's as fun as it looks! Waves start breaking out of nowhere! No joke when they said it seems like it's a 1/4 mile past the tanker, it was crazy. I was fortunate enough to be there when a gigantic tanker came by producing a shoulder high wave for quite a ways. It was a blast. There was a boat out there dumping a surfer off while we were skiing. I know my rolling/bailing had to be more entertaining than the surfer, but I couldn't get the onboard camera men's attention. It's almost like they didn't want me there or something, haha!
Thanks for the great time and hospitality Wave Chaser!! Hope to be back down soon!

Top Bottom