Surfriding Tanner "Tanman" Thomas' new surf ski

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
lil update!

Hey guys! Things have been still slowly progressing! Been working my buns off up here in southeast alaska making money and spending it all on jetskis. I am very excited to announce that my new DASA 850 PV motor is complete and at TC Freeride now. Most amazing piece of billet I have ever owned. Dasa Racing is THE guys to call when your ready for the displacement jump. I went with the stock stroke 850cc power valve set up which with the Dasa billet intake for dual 46's should RIP. so I am very excited. Kyle, Dan and all the guys at Dasa know how to do it right.

Blowsion has the superjet hull all fixed up and primed, last I heard the custom Ross Champion hood kit was being finished up and then the ski was going to be painted. It seems like none of my Blowsion home dawgs are letting me know any info so its kinda secretive beyond that but I am super stoked to get news from Johnny hopefully very soon on what is happening in Oregon! Until then I wait and spend more money on things like mag pump. Which I am proud to say I will be running a Skat Trak 145 mag pump in this ski, thanks to TC Freeride and Skat Traks. I am also trying to get my new dual 46's ordered and TBM flywheel and such to just keep the ball rolling on things. Soon will come the Factory B pipe and only a few more major pieces to this puzzle. Very excited! christmas has come early and will also be late with a full carbon XFR showing up at my house in march :brap: WEEEEE!!!!!!! I smell another build thread....
IMG_2898.jpgIMG_2891.jpgIMG_2897.jpg

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
Stoked for you! Is the 850 going in the XFR? What is the other motor going to be?

The XFR is getting an 885 DASA 10mm stroker :headbang: total loss, Power Factor pipe.. ect.

More good news! sold my snowmobile today so I have enough money to finish this super jet for sure. Pretty excited, Factory Pipe is closed for the holidays but ill have a new B pipe shipped to TC Freeride as soon as they are open. No news yet from Blowsion on my super jet but I will get a few nick nacks coming from them and hopefully see a painted super jet from them soon! Wahoo!! Merry christmas to me! Super stoked on having this kind of cash to purchase what I need to finish this build.
I will also need to buy an x-metal waterbox, new gas tank, TBM flywheel annnnnddd.. whatever else, I can't think at the moment. But it is all coming together.

All the Cold-Fusion billet should be on its way to TC Freeride soon. I am proudly running just about EVERTHING Carl makes at Cold-Fusion. This ski should be TOUGH, thanks again Carl for all the support and advice in getting this ski together so smoothly.

Pics will come as soon as I get them guys!

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
You're getting an XFR and a Super Jet?

Yes, with a new sponsorship from Rickter and all the help from Blowsion, TC Freeride and the people who helped pay for the super jet hull things have come together quickly. I just sold my truck and my snowmobile and am fortunate enough to have a good paying construction job all winter up here in Alaska and am slowly affording all the pieces to put the puzzles together. Things were looking grim after surf slam but thanks to the support and the way my life has worked out I am coming back stronger than ever

JamesG

Site Supporter
Yes, with a new sponsorship from Rickter and all the help from Blowsion, TC Freeride and the people who helped pay for the super jet hull things have come together quickly. I just sold my truck and my snowmobile and am fortunate enough to have a good paying construction job all winter up here in Alaska and am slowly affording all the pieces to put the puzzles together. Things were looking grim after surf slam but thanks to the support and the way my life has worked out I am coming back stronger than ever

Damn you lucky son of a b... haha but seriously, that's good for you.

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
Damn you lucky son of a b... haha but seriously, that's good for you.

Thanks dude! I am deffinately sacraficing everything in my life for jetskiing. I won't complain about a thing, but I haven't always had a silver spoon, and don't plan on getting used to it. We all pay to play, I have never spent this much money before. If you come to Pismo next october or world finals, after I compete you can ride my skis

JamesG

Site Supporter
Thanks dude! I am deffinately sacraficing everything in my life for jetskiing. I won't complain about a thing, but I haven't always had a silver spoon, and don't plan on getting used to it. We all pay to play, I have never spent this much money before. If you come to Pismo next october or world finals, after I compete you can ride my skis

Sweet deal man. I plan on making it over there for at least one of those events. And you're welcome to ride my Q8 too. It'd be interesting to ride the Q8 Sky and XFR back to back.

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
Hey guys just an update and an over view of everything, I am still awaiting the finished paint and hood work from Blowsion, and hopefully factory pipe makes some b-pipes soon and we will get those two things back to TC Freeride for the final assembly. I just wanted to thank and acknowledge all of the people who donated to start this build thread and just to clarify what these amazing people did for me. a total of $1760 and all of the parts listed was raised. I feel like there has been some uncertainty of how I was being given donations and now all the sudden I am building two skis and ones a Rickter... well these people kicked it off and new sponsors along with me working full time and so on so forth has got the rest. I work construction freezing my ass off all winter in Alaska so I can come ride and compete in the summer. But I have been given good opportunities and am not complaining. Thanks again everyone and I hope I get you guys some more pictures soon! I am very anxious to see some progress!

Cash Donators:
Kurt-Profound-Dynamics 50% proceeds-
Mike-Mdavies_02- superman_mike2
Jeff Greski- - sjhornet-
Casey- dirtnut99
Barry Blanchard- barryblanchard
AirCraftSalz- flaglerairexchange
Dan Lindgren- HarborDan
Tom Podrybau- wetracer
Daniel Nowaczyk- FlightPlanDan-
Wayne Linn- wlinn
Ernest Vickers- Gamerse
Daven Wood-davenwood20021
Gregory Poore- gpoore
nicholas cairns - Popimpin91
Jonathan Horne- hornedogg18
Brett McClary- btmboards
My Parents - Craig and Roni Thomas $1000

Parts Donations:
TC Freeride
Blowsion
XMetal Scupper- Fast Elements- Steve & Amy
62T bottom end- Deftons56- Brian Souther
EPIC Ignition- Chris-ATP
Bilge Switch- Gomez
Steve-Uk- Bow eyes, Limit Rope, 2 Pissers
Ratboy120206- steering nozzle, Reduction nozzle, filler hose
Crab- Stock Intake manifold

Last edited:

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
After seeing what you went through at Surfslam including right after you got back from the hospital I was wondering what I could do to help. Then the great gang from the Northwest started the project to help. The rest is history.

My question is why is there a hot young lady in your profile pic on FB? What happened to my buddy the playa? Don't get trapped like the test of us! :smile:

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
After seeing what you went through at Surfslam including right after you got back from the hospital I was wondering what I could do to help. Then the great gang from the Northwest started the project to help. The rest is history.

My question is why is there a hot young lady in your profile pic on FB? What happened to my buddy the playa? Don't get trapped like the test of us! :smile:

Well thanks Barry, and yeah I got a little hottie I been seein a lot haha. But focusing on work and not having a snowmobile I have some time for a chick hah. I wont have my XFR until March then ill be too busy for girls again haha. oh I hope she doesn't read this.

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
Hey guys! things are still coming together slowly, until the paint it done I am just getting more and more parts rounded up. I got a new Bpipe mod today from Factory Pipe FINALLY! and putting a footstrap and stuff in the box and sending it to Taylor because FP doesn't drop ship. Taylor has the Dasa 850 electronics, carbs and hooo haaaas installed. so once he sees a pipe and flame arrestors well be stylin. Taylor also has my new Skat Traks 145mm setback Magnum Pump with 13-17 prop. Blowsion should be done any day now with my SuperJet. The ski was in primer over a week ago with all the composites work done and ready for color. John has talked to me about what scheme he was going to do and I am very excited I think it will be EPIC! Hope to have some pictures of that soon! But for now here is the motor, new Skat Traks mag pump and B-pipe.

Attachments

• IMG_3174.jpg
    IMG_3174.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3176.jpg
    IMG_3176.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3201.jpg
    IMG_3201.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 58
Top Bottom