TDR water boxes

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
You guys that have run TDR water boxes before...are they alot louder than stock? I had that and a Riva Red pipe last year and my ski was pretty loud compared to others. Is the noise primarily from the water box or was it the Riva pipe? It had a nice, quick rev sound, but the decibel level was high. Gonna run a new, limited B-pipe this year. Think it'll sound much diff? There's a couple of loud ski's on our lake from time to time and I'm sure some of the older folks hate the crap out of the racket.

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
I have one on a couch and it sounds like a big I/O at idle. at WFO you can hear the ski across the lake, it sounds like nothing else out there.

yes, it's loud.

Boris

The Good Old Days
I run a TDR in my square with a Pro-Tec pipe and later a B-pipe.
The thing was loud but wasn't bad at all with just the rear exhaust. The moment I stuck a dual exhaust on my ski the thing became unbearable.
No amount of water made much of a difference and it only lasted 2 rides before I replaced it with a RN stock water box.
Had a mad headache for almost a week from the noise.

With just the rear it's OK but don't even think about a front exhaust.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
In an SXR the baffled one was barely louder than stock on the water but the powerspray one is MUCH louder bordering way to loud. I have never heard one in a SJ.

Top Bottom