The dangers of river riding! ouch

Dragonfly

X-2 freak
so we went to the river Sat for a normal day of riding. when I decided to check out a new log that got washed down over the winter. Bad IDEA!
the part that was visable wasn't the bad part. It was the part just under the surface that impaled my ski right in the intake and stoped it cold. well as you can picture I went for a ride! feet ski high as I flew over the bars. suprisingly I never touched the bars (x-2) or the front of the ski. ok now I check for damage.
none thank god! little to my knowlage the crowd of people got a good show.
the first comment I got was "hey there's a log over there" now I felt stupid.
then they asked if I was ok. now was a good time to smile, wave and go.
I did stay for a while and ride some more. it wasn't till I relaxed for a while did my knee swell up and show me something was wrong.

Lession learned stay away from LOGs!!
well just thought I'd share my stupidity with you all.
hope you got a good laugh:beerchug: you just have to laugh at yourself sometimes.

cookerq62

Life's Been Good
Rivers can be brutal, just last week my buddy and I both busted rideplades. One of the worst parts is that it changes so much parts that used to be deep can become islands after a good rainfall. The one spot I ride 90% of the fishing boats are aluminum skiffs with jet drives, there a couple fiberglass boats and they look like something from waterworld.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Rebar will do that too.....
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Na, we pulled the pump to get it off and went back out for 2 hours. We did have to tow to the launch however.

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
That Rebar is nasty!

Yeah I learned my lesson about rivers when I hit a shallow gravel bar and chewed up the veins in my pump. Also messed up the cooling system with a clog. Luckily a friend of mine was there with a boat to tow me back to the dock.

Lots of dangerous stuff underwater.....

Attachments

• 000_0289.jpg
    000_0289.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 000_0303.jpg
    000_0303.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 000_0307.jpg
    000_0307.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 674724-R1-034-15A_004.jpg
    674724-R1-034-15A_004.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 60

Conquistador

B-Saw
Site Supporter
I hit a log underwater at full speed last year. Flew about 8 feet to the left & kept on trucking. I thought "that was way too easy" so I pulled to shore, rolled the ski over & not one single scratch :Banane01: It was coated with line-x then too & now I have removed that. I hope to never pull that stunt again.

Top Bottom