96" long
370 lbs
7.7 gallon tank

zoom forward

Sea-doo GTi (smallest/lightest model)
127" long
732 lbs
15.9 gallon tank

It's about the same for Yamaha too, their VX is over 700lbs and the same length.

31" longer, double the weight, over double the fuel capacity, and this is just the smallest/lightest you can get.

Now, how much have standups grown? The original 440/550 weighed (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) around 230-240. The current SJ weighs right at 300, with the SXR well above that and the Hydrospace in the upper 300's I believe. They are slightly wider, but no longer than original, and the fuel capacity went from like 3.5 to around 5 gallons.

The point? I don't know, just something I wondered about the other day after seeing someone on one of the newer HUGE Yamahas and seeing how the guy looked like a dwarf on it. Like this:

08FxHO_6_180a5173.jpg

'Crockett

Freelance Smartass
But you can go really fast in a straight line!!

No . . . . . as mentioned in the original post, you "Zoom forward" on them ! :rolleyes:

The boat in that picture is so big it makes it look like it's Photoshopped . . . .

:biggrin:

michael950

for me to POOP on!
I took my blaster into the local dealer here in town once (College Station is about 130K pop.), and when they went to lift it off the trailer one guy said "should I get the forklift?"...

There was a veteran there and he knew we could handle it, and told him no.

That guy was dumbfounded by the weight... like they could never be under 800 pounds.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
No . . . . . as mentioned in the original post, you "Zoom forward" on them ! :rolleyes:

The boat in that picture is so big it makes it look like it's Photoshopped . . . .

:biggrin:

Exactly, it totally looks photoshopped, even in person. This guy pulled in to the ramp the other day with 2 of those on the trailer, and one person got on each. They looked like real-life photoshops.

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Sea-doo SP (only model)
96" long
370 lbs
7.7 gallon tank

zoom forward

Sea-doo GTi (smallest/lightest model)
127" long
732 lbs
15.9 gallon tank

It's about the same for Yamaha too, their VX is over 700lbs and the same length.

31" longer, double the weight, over double the fuel capacity, and this is just the smallest/lightest you can get.

Now, how much have standups grown? The original 440/550 weighed (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) around 230-240. The current SJ weighs right at 300, with the SXR well above that and the Hydrospace in the upper 300's I believe. They are slightly wider, but no longer than original, and the fuel capacity went from like 3.5 to around 5 gallons.

The point? I don't know, just something I wondered about the other day after seeing someone on one of the newer HUGE Yamahas and seeing how the guy looked like a dwarf on it. Like this:

08FxHO_6_180a5173.jpg

Good thing that ski has a visibility spout, or you'd never see it! :biggrin:

I think that picture is just down to the angle that it has been taken. Nicely composed really...

The thing is, I don't get these things, I mean, why not just buy a boat and be done with it?

W

wydopen

i rode a yam suv the other day for the first time...that thing was BAD!!..i want one..we had a couple dive tanks, wetsuits, fishing gear etc etc and you couldnt even tell it was there...if your gonna have a sitdown you might as well have one you can use for something worthwhile...i think you could have 4 guys standing on one rail and it still wouldnt flip...i wish they put a thumper motor in that thing with a 200mile range!

Superjet 9195

Dude... you can jump that
Its the American Way Fellas! The country gets fatter and more lazy by the day, and therefore the manufacturers produce products that our society wants. Wait another ten years for when we have yachts with handlebars.

'Crockett

Freelance Smartass
I think that picture is just down to the angle that it has been taken. Nicely composed really...

You just bought one . . . huh ? . . . . .

C'mon . . . you can admit it. It's O.K . . . . . I won't tell anyone :shhh:

:biggrin: J/K . . . . .

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
honestly, if Seadoo would re-release the X4 hulls with a 787 EFI injected engine, that thing would sell like hotcakes...........

Seadoo use to have the best marketing strategy.....

in about 94-95 you could buy a new seadoo SP for about $4500.00

SP $4500
SPi $5000
SPX $5500
XP800 $6000

Each year, the XP got better and the previous year boat trickled down to the model below.

the 1996 SPX was the same as the 1995 XP

Man I guess those numbers are kinda trippy. I can't believe they have doubled in weight and size!

I wonder if we will ever see another XP 800 type ski. Or a maybe a really powerful HX or something.

yeah they should atleast make one model thats a little 2 seater now there no fun i mean kawi doesnt even sell a 2 seater they sell a stand up or a big pig of a ski

'Crockett

Freelance Smartass
A refined, big motored HX would be sweet . . . . . . they never really explored the possibilities of tweaking that hull.

I'd still like to see what Sea-Doo could offer in a stand up, supposedly they've had several prototypes. Maybe the success of the "Kawi-Doo" in the MOD ski class will nuge them a little.

I have to say though, they'd be up against a tough crowd when it came to getting die hard stand up riders to buy any stand up that said "Sea-Doo" on the side of it . . . . . . .

Top Bottom