Surfriding The Flat Spin - Tell us how its done!

djraider700

lol wut?
They hurt if you land wrong haha. Haven't completed a full rotation yet so basically I just keep hurting myself. I just do most everything I do for a roll without throwing my head. Gets the ski rotating for a flat spin but I've only made it about 3/4ish on my best attempt. So far I found a little pre-turn the opposite way first helps along with a good quick steer mod and nozzle. Im playing with hitting the wave at different angles too.

Thanks for the feedback all, from the videos it looks like a good start is to approach the wave from the left at a 45 degree angle in order to spin to the left, and start the slide out very early!

Hopefully next decent surf day will yeild better results than the last few rides with the added info.

tanner can do these all day and ride away in the same direction so IT IS a 360 and its super flat....made me laugh so hard when i watched him do like 5 in a row :) Nick got me dialed in on these by showing me to use the same sweet spot as you would on a re-entry and stay in footholds and keep body braced to the pole. also remember that if you got a long pole its a lot more work to get your weight forward enough to make the ski rotate flat (just like spinning on water)
--if spinning clockwise approach wave to your left at re-entry angle (vice versa for spinning other way)

I just bought a round nose with some nice odds an ends I threw a 180 I ride bmx when I throw 720s I kinda look over my shoulder and carv off the lip a bit and push my front end down is that just about the same idea?

Nick got me dialed in on these by showing me to use the same sweet spot as you would on a re-entry ..... if spinning clockwise approach wave to your left at re-entry angle (vice versa for spinning other way)

Think i have been trying to do them the wrong way. Im going in to wave at re entry angle but im trying to spin the same way i would turn to go into the white water (finish the re entry). Seems as if tanner is doing them the opposite way, is this correct????????

Think i have been trying to do them the wrong way. Im going in to wave at re entry angle but im trying to spin the same way i would turn to go into the white water (finish the re entry). Seems as if tanner is doing them the opposite way, is this correct????????

ya do as tanners vid shows. approach at re entry angle and turn out/up the wave. works best obviously with quick steer mods to the max and keeping your body very centered with ski

Top Bottom