The Ghetto Jet

Ghetto Jet

I'm on a boat
I am pretty new to the site so I figured I would come on in and introduce myself. I purchased my first jet ski 6 months ago. It was a bone stock 2000 superjet that has had a non-opp tittle for the past 8 years. Long story short, I rode the crap out of it and had a blast so i decided to give it a little love over the winter.

Here she is the day i bought here
056.jpg

058.jpg

Here she is after i gave her a little love. Don't pick her apart too much, this was my first time doing anything with a jet ski and I did it all by myself...well with a little help from your site. It had all the information I needed and more.
sduperjet069.jpg

sduperjet073.jpg

sduperjet075.jpg

sduperjet076.jpg

Mod list

REV footholds with enclosures
turfed up
rule 500gph bilge pump/bracket/switch
TBM sealed bearing
TBM shortened turnplate
TBM straight handlebars
TBM adjustable throttle
ODI bar grips and locks
Worx 201 intake grate
shortened stock handlepole 2"
D-cut stock rideplate
Painted hot hues hot rod flat black
fiberglassed over front holes in stock hood and enlarged back holes slightly

Last edited:
Love the flat black, looks soooo clean. I tried that on my last ski, plan to on the next also. Welcome to the X!

Last edited:

Ghetto Jet

I'm on a boat
Nice looking ski there. What are the plans for the other project in the garage?

I didn't really feel the car was safe for the road anymore so I de-registered it. I am now in the process of fabricating a roll cage for it and than I will re-wire and re-paint the car. I also have a serious lack of fuel so I need to do something there as well. I also need to figure out how to fit a set of 275-40-17's on every corner. Gut the doors, fab new pipes for my intercooler, fabricate a dash for the car, fabricate a firewall between the trunk and driver compartment, etc etc etc etc.

I don't think it will ever end. God help me.

Ghetto Jet

I'm on a boat
I didn't paint the pole bracket as it was already black... I did paint my pole though. It's holding up very well. The hood was the only thing that gave me problems when painting it. If your talking about wrapping your pole with more fiberglass.....I was thinking about doing the same thing but using carbon instead. Wrap it carbon and leave it unpainted. I think that would look pretty good.

P.S. I should have some sponsons and a new nose piece/hood as well. Currently in my garage fabbing up a lowered bracket as I type. Ill post some more pictures off all my new goodies that I have gotten. B-pipe, hooker impeller, second bilge wired serperatly from the first, jetworks flow control valve, brap strap, ADA head with girdle kit and 35cc domes. I should pick up a set of the Ski clinics first sponsons tomorrow morning and my hood kit is on the way. I can't wait to try out the sponsons.:biggthumpup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom