The New Js 850

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Nice looking setup, and it should be good as a bouy runner, I doubt however it will work as a freeride ski unless you come up with something else for the flame arrestor setup. Almost all of us here that run x2's in the surf will concure that that is the biggest single problem we face everytime we ride, it cost Legdragger a crank at Daytona last week after bending a rod. Time to get creative with a snorkle or something to get the f/a's protected.

Nice looking setup, and it should be good as a bouy runner, I doubt however it will work as a freeride ski unless you come up with something else for the flame arrestor setup. Almost all of us here that run x2's in the surf will concure that that is the biggest single problem we face everytime we ride, it cost Legdragger a crank at Daytona last week after bending a rod. Time to get creative with a snorkle or something to get the f/a's protected.

I will agree 1000%...........
We are doing two things for this; one correcting the hood design to alow for better air into the engine with less water and if redirect the flow of the water that does get in the air passageway to not dump on-top of the carbs or engine, also working on a design for the single and dual carb X2 intake set-ups.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
what is Pete Jacobs handle name here on this form?
Legdragger. His setup is more of a cover over the two pro-k's, the old salad bowl idea. I think when he went vertical the remaining water in the hull went right under and was sucked in. I am very happy with my setup, only change I am going to make is filling in the 6 small drain holes in the bottom plate.

Attachments

• 107_5363.jpg
    107_5363.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 107_5362.jpg
    107_5362.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Top Bottom