The oside crew is about to invade Brazil

Y

yamaslut

are you guys free riding there at all?

if you can go to ferrugem about 90km south of florianopolis promise you wont regret ...
dunno how roads look now been 6 years

yeah... it's a IFWA competition

slickchaos

Chaos on a SJ
brazilians loves the american boys.. i should know... my wifey is brazilian.. maybe ill post a pic of her on the standup.. lolol...

Rio / sao paulo are crazy.. makes ny looks small but the woman are unreal.. i dunno if id call their bikini's a bikini.

glad to hear u guys rocking down there.. and please do post some pics...ha

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
Dammit man where are the pics:question:, I am jonesing over here:17:. Pics of Brazillian women and or FRESTYLING PIMPS REQUESTED. I prolly woulndt be on a freak'n computer either if I were there:Eyecrazy:

jetskier79

I'm goin' for two
hey everybody,
its serlin here typing on jerry's computer. today was the first day of competition. ross, jerry, and myself all move on to ride tomorrow. i've gotta ride against lenzi in the 1/8th finals. it should be a good round. the surf was amazing yesterday, and pretty good today, but it seems to be getting smaller. hopefully it holds up for tomorrow. we are getting lots of pics that im sure jerry will post when he gets back.
thanks for all the support!!! ill try to post the results when we finish tomorrow.

Its all about the surf!
Mike/Ross/Jerry- Spoke with Randy today and he said your skis were held up in customs. Did that get cleared up or are you guys going to be riding borrowed skis?

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
whatup everybody!!! Jerry and myself got back a couple days ago and Ross and his girlfriend are staying for another week. The surf was amazing for the competition. Ludo of fullgaz is still in Brazil but he got lots of great photos that he'll post when he gets back.
Ross and myself both got knocked out in the 1st round on sunday. Ross had to go up against Gil. They had a really close heat that could have gone either way. I went up against Lenzi shortly after but my boat took a dump on me around 2 minutes into the heat. Jerry competed in sitdown and placed 4th overall. He had his share of boat problems too, and i think managed to break 2 different blasters in a 6 minute heat. It was an amazing trip and i can't wait to go back next year.

here's some links to photos...
Jet Waves web site : http://www.pronautica.com.br/Photo_Gallery/photo_gallery.htm

Inema Web Site: http://inema.com.br/ENG/A069.htm Photos: http://inema.com.br/eventos/ev05921Albuns.htm

Ross posted this on myspace yesterday...... :pat:

got all my ******** stolen in Brazil...need phone numbers again

send em on

quick update on the trip

skis were held up in customs...did not arrive for the event

thanks Mike for letting me ride his loaner ski...but I got beat early on and broke his ski a lot in the process

met lots of great brazilian riders, and got to hang out with some old friends

spent nice week in Brazil...got all my stuff stolen out of our hotel room the night before we leave...passport and all

so I get to spend a few more days in Brazil

all in all great time despite the problems....

see you all back in the states some time :)
Ross

Sounds like you guys had more than your fair share of bad luck!
I'm sure y'all still had a killer time!!!!

slickchaos

Chaos on a SJ
Ross posted this on myspace yesterday...... :pat:

Sounds like you guys had more than your fair share of bad luck!
I'm sure y'all still had a killer time!!!!

youch that stinks on the theft.. when i was in rio, heard about an american coupple got robbed by two 8 months pregnant women...

economy suck down there.. electronics are like gold !

GUMP

i rekon
cant compare Rio with where Ross was...is like compere New York with New Hampshire :dunno::biggrin:

Sorry to hear that Ross
Very unusual there ...

Prem1x

Tinkering obsessed
You guys f___n rock. Way to represent the US. Don't worry. You'll get yours in Pismo, I'm sure.

Jerry can borrow my B1 if he wants. Footstraps, tilt nozzle, and 48mm full specs.

cant compare Rio with where Ross was...is like compere New York with New Hampshire :dunno::biggrin:

Sorry to hear that Ross
Very unusual there ...

I agree.

The are is usually pretty calm, not like Sao Paulo or Rio but...

******** happens all the time.

Sorry guys.

Gera

It was a great trip and an amazing time.

Even with the trouble we had a great trip and Brazil is an amazing place. Our room was broken in to in Lagoa, but that could have happened any where else. Brazil was great. The contest was great, amazing surf. Next year hopefully will go better and I will have my ski.

The highlight of the trip was the few days that Liz and I spent at Ivo's...Papagaio is one place not to be missed.
www.papagaio.com.br

Thanks for the support guys. Hopefully Pismo will be a good place for a little redemption.

Thanks again...

jetskier79

I'm goin' for two
You guys f___n rock. Way to represent the US. Don't worry. You'll get yours in Pismo, I'm sure.

Jerry can borrow my B1 if he wants. Footstraps, tilt nozzle, and 48mm full specs.

If that's a serious offer, I'm definitely inclined to accept :Banane35:

The trip was absolutely amazing! We all definitely experience some mechanical issues.

I can't complain too much, the guys over at Jet Point really helped me out a lot. Lots of parts on the ski were new.....the steering cable and throttle cable were not....and I broke them both. I also broke the steering cable on the backup ski that Dente was kind enough to let me use.

There are pictures up at a few of the sites, Inema and Pro Nautica. And I'm sure we'll see the pictures from Fullgaz once Ludo has a chance to give the magazines their pick.

Ross Champion
DSC_4441.jpg

Mike Serlin
DSC_4432.jpg

Myself
20070912092722_309Y4220.jpg

20070912092530_309Y4181.jpg

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
Great to hear you guys went for it! it may not have been an ideal trip but if there is anybody else out there reppin the westcoast its you guys. Knowing you guys you will both be back in the water before you know it. Pismo Redemption also! ill be at my senior homecoming ah =/
All in all great job out there sick pics hope to come down one weekend and say hi later.

Y

yamaslut

nice.... :bananajump:

Top Bottom