this is the coolest toy I have ever had!!!

I finally got my old js440 out for a ride today (my first ride ever). This is the best thing I have ever tried in my life! I cant wait to get out to the lake, so far I just got to try it in the slew across the road but I think that little taste has sparked an infurno, I think I have finally found a summer sport that I will never grow tired of!! but enough of this excitement, can anybody tell me what the best fuel/oil mixture is for this thing, right now I am just using what was in there when I got it, I will be running only premeum gas in it, but I dont know what to run for oil? what is the best oil that you guys have found?

Man I'm so excited right now I could pee my pants or somthing like that!!!:icon16::bananajump:

cosander

Dallas/Fort worth
I finally got my old js440 out for a ride today (my first ride ever). This is the best thing I have ever tried in my life! I cant wait to get out to the lake, so far I just got to try it in the slew across the road but I think that little taste has sparked an infurno, I think I have finally found a summer sport that I will never grow tired of!! but enough of this excitement, can anybody tell me what the best fuel/oil mixture is for this thing, right now I am just using what was in there when I got it, I will be running only premeum gas in it, but I dont know what to run for oil? what is the best oil that you guys have found?

Man I'm so excited right now I could pee my pants or somthing like that!!!:icon16::bananajump:
40:1 for the oil.
unless the compression has been bumped up premium is a waste of money.
The yellow penzoil twc-3 at walmart works fine. (The TWC-3 code represents, Two cycle, Water Cooled, type 3 formula. The formula 3 has decarbonizing additives designed to be more compatible with the newer non-leaded fuel.) I have been using it for years without any problems.
The more you save on gas and oil the more you can spend towards go fast parts.

Last edited:
you guys in the states are lucky, in the states I would run regular gas but in Canada they pump so much ethanol and other crap into our regular gas that premeum is the only thing that keeps our two-strokes alive. (besides I'm already paying double what you guys do for gas so whats a few more cents per liter). My wife and I are going to save up and move down to the states in a year or so and if we like it we may stay there. I'm a big time motor head and canada doesn't seem to take to kindly to people like that. It makes me sad :(

I had a good old 550 as my first ski as well, it was a blast and a good cheap ski to start with. I used 40:1 in it, but like duster I ended up going with a SJ and have never regretted it. As for oil I just use Quicksilver, its cheap and has never given me problems. I have never tried Regular Gas in my ski's but i guess if your trying to save a few bucks it will work.

KR

www.krlines.com

run premium gas and mix with maxima super m. http://www.maximausa.com/products/2stroke/supermpremix.asp

its cheap and its good, 40:1. have fun man!

No, I used to run castor in my dirtbike. The super M is synthetic and smells different. You won't notice the smell of premix on the ski the way you do on a bike though.

congrats on the ski...

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
I will never forget my first ride on 440
in the 80s while I was in college:veryhappy:
Fun as H3LL! isnt it?

Top Bottom