"Thought I'd never be posting in here" now what?

Y

yamaslut

fyi - I flush that way and it's fine... never had a prob.

it doesnt look like an ADA.... unless its a really early one. its flat all the way across the top, like a riva. i measured mine and the ADA kit should work. should.

DsmRacing

Wannabe Freerider
I don't know if it matters, but it is an MRD head. I know nothing about this engine, other than that the guy spent a lot of $$, and supposedly it has real low hours, pisses me off even more :banghead: Hey SFLSurfRider, if you have the same bolts as mine, I will take them off your hands for shipping costs if you'd like. If I bust one, then I will swap hardware. So, it is Ok to pull the cylinder off and have it welded carefully and shoot for the best right? If so, then I'm going to pull it tomorrow, and drop it off this weekend to have it welded then. Hey WaveDemon, do you know of a closer place that knows what there doing? Sefner is a bit of a drive :frown:

Hopefully I can go Brap again,

ps. WD when are you heading up to st augustine?

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
DsmRacing said:
I don't know if it matters, but it is an MRD head. I know nothing about this engine, other than that the guy spent a lot of $$, and supposedly it has real low hours, pisses me off even more :banghead: Hey SFLSurfRider, if you have the same bolts as mine, I will take them off your hands for shipping costs if you'd like. If I bust one, then I will swap hardware. So, it is Ok to pull the cylinder off and have it welded carefully and shoot for the best right? If so, then I'm going to pull it tomorrow, and drop it off this weekend to have it welded then. Hey WaveDemon, do you know of a closer place that knows what there doing? Sefner is a bit of a drive :frown:

Hopefully I can go Brap again,

ps. WD when are you heading up to st augustine?
There is a well known engine builder in clearwater who might be able to point you in the right direction. It's chucky at team scream, he's also on the board as supertune.

We're going to St. Augustine on the 22nd. there was a post about it in the SFL sebastion thread.

DsmRacing

Wannabe Freerider
sflsurfrider, I can't send a message to you, and I wanted to see if you could hook me up with a couple of your old girdle bolts or anyone else? Just need one, similiar to mine in the pics.

Thanks again,

Chad

DsmRacing

Wannabe Freerider
Damn, and in my time of need. I definitely missed something.
Anyone else have a spare bolt or knows where I can get just one?

Y

yamaslut

ok... I just posted in here laughing at SFL.

I can't fing laugh at someone now??? WTF?

He made his own bed, I didn't make him be a dick. I just laughed at the carnage

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
SFL/saki are banned for cumulative reasons, of which what you did is one of them. Drop the freaking attitude, especially since he can't respond right now.

yamaslut said:
ok... I just posted in here laughing at SFL.

I can't fing laugh at someone now??? WTF?

He made his own bed, I didn't make him be a dick. I just laughed at the carnage

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
I forwarded an e-mail to you about this that should take care of it.

DsmRacing said:
Damn, and in my time of need. I definitely missed something.
Anyone else have a spare bolt or knows where I can get just one?

They look like the Riva also. My friend made his for his head it did not come with it when he bought it. I believe he made a few extra. I can check. PM me if you are still looking.

DsmRacing

Wannabe Freerider
Wow, its been a while since I posted. Well lastnight I finally pulled the motor, and hopefully tonight I'll get the manifolds off. Any tricks or special tools for getting the intake and exhaust manifolds off? I will post some pics of my MRD head, it might be trashed, several marks, but the pistons look great (at least the top). This is definitely a bigger job than I wanted to start out with on a sj that was ridden 2x. I might need to buy a head, ada seems to be the choice for freestyle. How do I figure out what size domes I have, carbs, etc, and a good place to get new gaskets and O-rings for everything.

Thanks,
Chad

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
you don't need any special tools to pull the manifolds. give me a call if you need help.

or if you are looking for pro help for less than dealer prices get with Tom21. I've got his number if you want.

Top Bottom