Super Jet Thoughts on buying new 12' Superjet vs. Used freestyle hulll set up ski....

Thoughts on buying new 12' Superjet vs. Used freestyle hulll set up ski....

I can get a brand new 12' Superjet for $7000 OTD, but I don't know if it's the way I really want to go.

I have switched to riding skiis after hitting my head so many times riding freestyle motocross and really miss backflips.

I live on a small lake in Michigan, all I want to do is cruise jump and throw down the occasional flip.

WHAT SHOULD I DO??!!??

this is a great setup for the money! and my favorite paint scheme! and it says obo too
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/boa/3046294750.html
This ski is set up for reliability and performance. It runs, looks, and sounds excellent

All mods done by Wamiltons Customs in Palm Beach....

Wamiltons Factory Limited B Pipe with Carbon Fiber Chamber
Wamiltons porting
ADA gridled head w/ pump gas domes
MSD Enhancer
MSD caps
V-Force 2 reeds
Dual 500 GPH Bildge pumps on dash switch
Flush kit
Dual cooling
Stubby pump cone
SS Skat Trak 12/17 Freeride impeller
Wamiltons steering w/ UMI bearings
0 degree bars w/ ODI grips
Wamiltons Composite ride plate
Works scoop grate

5900. OBO

Title in hand and trailer not included.

215 327 6642 Jim

5Nc5Kb5Hb3Ee3L33Jec5u4eae9bf36fbe1d3a.jpg

MATRIX GP (Fiberglass Polyester Resin Hull) $4499.99 weight 115 lbs Seems reasonable and very stable and rideable is what I was getting at. BOB's are a little more of a handfull at speed is all I was getting at. Still have the ROK and and others to choose from. A lot of A/M hulls that are very capable and priced right. I don't think 115 is a bad weight is it? My Trinity EVO Pro -2 weighs as much as my BOB and is very easy to ride all around. Just throwing out suggestions.

Last edited:
Well after looking it over, I am going to purchase a new Superjet. Maybe next year I'll buy a new BOB Hull, I see the fiberglass one is only about $4000.

What would be a better motor and pump set up in a BOB hull for strickly freestyle, Kawi or Yamaha?

Thoughts on buying new 12' Superjet vs. Used freestyle hulll set up ski....

I can get a brand new 12' Superjet for $7000 OTD, but I don't know if it's the way I really want to go.

I have switched to riding skiis after hitting my head so many times riding freestyle motocross and really miss backflips.

I live on a small lake in Michigan, all I want to do is cruise jump and throw down the occasional flip.

WHAT SHOULD I DO??!!??

Here is my advice as I bought brand new 2010 SJ about an year and a half ago.
At the time I bought mine, I had never tried stand up before. I had no idea about a single stand up ski term (technically and any other wise) and I did not know anyone with stand up ski.
Later I met good friends with stand ups and also good professionals in the industry. Riding together and spending time with them helped me to get familiar with every aspect of this hobby.
Within the first year, I learned so much that now I can take my ski apart in one hour. In the same time since I bought my ski for around the same price as you have been quoted, I pretty much doubled that $$amount$$ in mods and after market parts and yet my SJ will never be an after market hull.
If you are not mechanically inclined or don't have any friends or mechanics around to help you with daily repairs, I would say go with the brand new ski. Trouble free and reliable at least until you start to mod it at which point you will already have a good idea of most parts.
If you have been around from before and you already know what a stand up ski is, then go for a better deal and ski as used a/m hull and modded motor.
If you go that way, make sure you are not buying a junk that will cost you a lot of trouble and headache. There are so many guys out there that put unnecessary or wrong parts on their skis that later cause hours of time narrowing down the problem or costly repairs.
Either way, be prepared to spend a lot of money and time on wrenching and fixing stuff :). You will also find yourself on this forum quite a lot... :)

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
MATRIX GP (Fiberglass Polyester Resin Hull) $4499.99 weight 115 lbs Seems reasonable and very stable and rideable is what I was getting at. BOB's are a little more of a handfull at speed is all I was getting at. Still have the ROK and and others to choose from. A lot of A/M hulls that are very capable and priced right. I don't think 115 is a bad weight is it? My Trinity EVO Pro -2 weighs as much as my BOB and is very easy to ride all around. Just throwing out suggestions.

Have you personally flipped a Matrix on flat?

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Have you personally flipped a Matrix on flat?

I haven't but I and a few others have tried. The SS865 with a mag pump was not up to the task. Jeremy Parr figured it was possibly but wouldn't even attempt it the way I had my footholds set up. I am sure 1000cc's would make it easier for the average rider but with the added expense of the bigger motor which may be better spent on a lighter hull instead. If I was chasing a flatwater backflip, i wouldn't be looking at any fiberglass hulls except maybe a bob or superfreak, any other manufacturer and I'd be going full carbon. Alot of aftermarket hulls are slight improvements over stock hulls but are still just as restrictive due to their weight.

If I ever decide to get another AM hull, it will be a Matrix or Viper Pro -2". And Bobby better be ready to put it on a diet and shave off at least 10lbs. He does great work but is ultra conservative on his hulls. He could easily shave off 10lbs and still be plenty strong enough for anything I plan on doing.

Top Bottom