Thoughts on first ride of 750sx

ger87410

How did I get here?
Rode a '92 and '95 750sx Saturday. They were both stock, except the 95 had new turf and AM ride plate and intake grate.

Rode the 95 first. It had a STRONG tendency to sit in the water cockeyed. The right side sat much lower and even felt heavier in turns. (That last part may all have been in my head.)
The ride was relatively unstable and it had a finger throttle.

I've decided I don't like finger throttles. I want all 4 fingers for gripping the bars.

The 92 was a much more stable ride. Maybe because of the stock plate and intake??? I absolutely LOVED the stock turfing on that ski.

Both skis were rather a disappointment. I expected more thrust. It felt like that ski had just a tiny bit more thrust then my modded 550. Definitely tons LESS thrust then wayne and swooperjet's killer SJs.

All-in-all, I would say that upgrading from my modded 550 to a stock 750sx is not worth it. I expect, from what Ass Joel has told me, that after I install that lightened flywheel and driveshaft along with the pump w/ AM prop, it'll perform somewhere between a stock 650sx and stock 750sx.

Still looking for that superjet for under $1k. :grin:

Kaveman

Born in USA(not Kenya)
Next time you're this way, hop on Deeznutz46 750. It runs pretty well, but will never be a great freestyler. You can also ride my ski, it has the kawi hull under a sj deck...lots of fun.

ski4

gonzo
all skis in stock form a a bit dissappointing
unless you are really green and inexperienced

except for the octane i suspect
however that is an assumption , i have never ridden one

Waternut

Customizing addict
Almost all 750's sit in the water cockeyed...especially with a full tank of gas. I thought all stand ups did too but maybe I'm just paying too much attention to mine.

You do have to remember that your 550 weighs quite a bit less than a 750. Since the guy is selling them he probably doesn't have the time to mess with them and it's very possible that the carbs aren't tuned properly anymore making it worse than it really is. Just a guess though...

wayne

wannaroll
i had a 750 stock engine, aluminum handle pole, intake grate, ride plate, stainless steel impeller, quick steer plate, 0% bars, finger throttle, and custom paint job. that thing wanted to throw me at high speeds. i ended up trading it for a blaster with a bpipe. it needed a cdi and the carb cleaned. i ran it yesterday and it ran pretty good for not having the carb set properly.

i really did not like the 750sx much at all. it was a great trade even though i had to redo some electrics and clean the carb.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I am thinking it would look sorta like this,you can buy one if you like but we require you to turn in your man card at the time of purchase.

Attachments

• 3d.jpg
    3d.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 125

Mr.Goodtimes

BLOWN OUT
i love how people just assume 750's suck, maybe it has more to do with the rider??

not bashing SJ's, i have ridden a few (from stock to mild mods) and i really like them, i plan on getting one for my next ski. In the meantime i will slash on my 750, which is highly modded and has some awesome pull off the bottom end.

Having said that, i rode a stock sxi last weekend, and yeah, compared to a modded ski its a POS...ive also ridden a bone stock SJ which i thought was pretty mob too, compared to my modded SX.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
i love how people just assume 750's suck, maybe it has more to do with the rider??

not bashing SJ's, i have ridden a few (from stock to mild mods) and i really like them, i plan on getting one for my next ski. In the meantime i will slash on my 750, which is highly modded and has some awesome pull off the bottom end.

Having said that, i rode a stock sxi last weekend, and yeah, compared to a modded ski its a POS...ive also ridden a bone stock SJ which i thought was pretty mob too, compared to my modded SX.

Well I don't asuume they suck I know I owned one,honestly my 550 was way more fun and faster,don't worry I didn't own it long! Like I said earlier with a pipe it rocks along pretty well ,in stock form it sucks .

Mr.Goodtimes

BLOWN OUT
to each his own!! i love my 750!! 550's on the other hand, not so much, but in all reality who really gives a ********, as long as your having fun...

preferences rule this world, blondes, brunettes...this could go on forever.

ger87410

How did I get here?
yeah it is...i was orignally running a 9/15 solas concord but it was cavitating LAMF, so i switched to a stock SXR prop and it is bangin' now!

The boring may have something to do with why you like it. The ones that I rode were completely bone stock except 1 had AM plate and grate.

I'm assuming boring the pump results in more thrust. The 750's I rode did not have near enough thrust for my taste. They both reved up nicely, for stock.

JFW: The only 1 that sat cockeyed in the water was the modded 1. The stock 1 sat exactly like my 550.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
Mine had a pipe, head, intake, rideplate, MSD enhancer, timing advance, impeller, and it STILL didnt have nearly the bottom end that a 650 squarenose did.

im sure fun can be had on a 750sx

Since I was able to choose a squarenose, I chose NOT to ride one.

Top Bottom