Super Jet Thoughts on Impros Hooker 10/16 or 11/17 for this setup/usage

Pre 08 Hull 701 SJ. 710cc , 35cc Riva Head, R&D Dry Pipe, Twin Black Jacks, Ported (not sure exactly 'how', I know the ports are raised though) EPIC CDI.

Existing prop is a old Solas 16-19.5(H), which as you can imagine is doughy as down low, but goes decent up top (GPS 56mph). I don't mind loosing a bit of top speed, but most of my mates ride wheelchairs(sitdowns) so would like it to hit at least 50mph abouts when I take it out with them.

Usage is mixed, rivers/creeks/lakes and surf, no real freestyle (well lame attempts), but with a prop/setup that hits 1/2 decent bottom end hit I may be tempted to set the rest of the ski up a bit better and have more of a play/try/fail.

I was originally thinking an 11/17 but if a 10/16 will give enough top end still I'd go that way. 11/17 over proped with my setup for anything but top speed perhaps?

Cheers.

Cheers guys (yeah late reply sorry)
. Interesting Dave from Impros said the 11/17 would still hook up a bucket load down low than the current prop/setup and said it would be a good balance for much better hookup and keeping a reasonable amount of top speed.

From what I've read on hear he almost always just says go the 10/16 (probably most common made/stocked? lol) .

I think a 11-17 is too much for your setup, get the 10-16. It will be easy to lighten the load from there if needed.

Top Bottom