Other thread repair for my manifold

Hey guys I been searching and no luck on finding something that tells me what size bolt and thread pitch you need for the 3 exhaust bolts to mount your pipe to manifold. Can anyone fill me in on what thread repair kit to get for this? I want to go and order a kit to repair one of the mounts on my manifold and maybe go and do all three while I am repairing that one.

swapmeet

Brotastic
I went down this road. I had to buy a kit from NAPA, it wasn't cheap. Like.... $56 I think.
But it came with 10 helicoils. I was pissed because I had this expensive kit that I had no use for again.
I think you still have to source a drill bit and a tap though. So know that going in... I already had those items.

If your interested, I'll sell you my kit, minus the 3 that I installed.

LMK

Big Kahuna

Administrator
These are one of those necessary evils. But when you new helicoils strip out or come out, you will be glad you have the extras or if your riding buddy has his strip out, you say "Hey, I got the repair kit at home".

Thanks for the info guys.

I been looking online and amazon has had some kits around $26 range but I was not sure on size so it might go up on the kit I actually need. I was looking at replacing all three mounts but not sure if it is something I should do or just replace the one and keep the other around just in case.

Thanks I will leave them alone then. Be glad to get mine repaired and finally try out the 750 motor in the x2. Been trying to sell it to fund my 701 motor rebuild but if it ends up being fun to have I might keep it around.

I found them on amazon for $36 the complete kit. I have the prime account so I can have it here in two days.
I am going to check one of our fastener places we get bolts and stuff from here at work and see what they price out one of those kits if they can even get it. Had hard time in the past looking for metric from them.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
X3, I think the small kits are only $25 at advance autoz

I'd like to go together within our group and buy a metric master kit. It's something like $245 but has all the sizes from M6 to M10 in various pitches and lengths. It wouldn't take long for even a small group of riders to pay for the kit.

Right now I need to repair one M8 on my midshaft housing and two M10's, one on a pump insert and another on the headpipe. Keep putting off the repair because I'm being cheap lately.

Trust me I been being cheap on this repair. Since I have my SN this x2 has just been put to the side with anything I want to do. I just sprayed a fresh coat of white on the top half, and got another stock 38mm carb to use instead of the 44m for now. Since I am one thing away from putting it in the water I got an itch to finish it up.

I am going to order the kit from amazon for $36 and have it shipped to me. My shop foreman can do the repair for me while we are here at work he just said get him the kit and manifold.

I don't want to go back stock since I have a larger manifold to go with my jetpro pipe. Hopefully this warmer weather stay around Houston so when I get the manifold fix I can take it out for a ride. Finally had my engine swap done and when the bolt rattled loose and I tighten it down I realized it stripped out.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Did somebody say Timecert?

Just got back from a Chevy dealer closeout sale. Got 3 brand new Bridgestone 20" tires and 2 master sets of timecert tools and inserts for $300.

du5a4u2y.jpg

yne3ygu6.jpg

a8yrugyd.jpg

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
These are one of those necessary evils. But when you new helicoils strip out or come out, you will be glad you have the extras or if your riding buddy has his strip out, you say "Hey, I got the repair kit at home".

Or do it right from the beginning and use stainless time-certs.

Top Bottom