throttle binding

I have a rrp pole and when I turn to the right it is fine. when I turn to the left the throttle binds up on the steering stop. I flip it to the other side and it binds up on both left and right. ive tried slacking it and pulling it tight both on pole side and down in the ski and nothing is seeming to work. any suggestions and or pics of how yours is ran on a rrp pole is appreciated.

Keep it on the throttle side of the stop. Turn to the one side where it needs length and pull all the slack out of from the bottom just enough that it doesn’t stress the cable or ends. Keep an eye on it for a bit for chaffing and if so add something to protect it but in reality it should be good.

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
Keep it on the throttle side of the stop. Turn to the one side where it needs length and pull all the slack out of from the bottom just enough that it doesn’t stress the cable or ends. Keep an eye on it for a bit for chaffing and if so add something to protect it but in reality it should be good.

This is good advise, to add to it, if you using a stock cable, its probably too short, thus the binding.
Either get a sq nose cable, or an aftermarket cable for AM hulls

This is when I take all the slack out and still binds when I turn left

Attachments

• IMG_1675.JPG
    IMG_1675.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1676.JPG
    IMG_1676.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 34

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member