Freestyle Thrust 885 10mm stroker

jetnut_118

Blackjack Performance
Does anybody have a better video of this package running? Cause the rough WF conditions didn't really allow that 885 to unleash what it had. The one flip I saw looked wickedly high but like I said the conditions appeared to suck I hope Lucas try's again next year. I want to see what this 885 is capable of in glass water.

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
The reports are that that setup is nasty and well worth the price of admission.

jetnut_118

Blackjack Performance
Well I hear that the thing is an absolute monster. But I want to see a good video cause I'm sure this is what I want to buy when it comes time.

Well I hear that the thing is an absolute monster. But I want to see a good video cause I'm sure this is what I want to buy when it comes time.

Word on the street is that Art @ Jetworks / BlackJack Performance has a few 10mm billet cylinder packages that straight up rip!!! Might be worth the phone call and talking to him.... MHO

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
Word on the street is that Art @ Jetworks / BlackJack Performance has a few 10mm billet cylinder packages that straight up rip!!! Might be worth the phone call and talking to him.... MHO

Art is in the middle of building a pair of ADA 10mil 970s. 1 is for Matt_E and the other, well..........

To not totally de-rail the thread, a buddy of mine had a Thrust 8mil setup with 85.5 flattops that was a monster! Brian has something going on with his Lameys that works well.

Art is in the middle of building a pair of ADA 10mil 970s. 1 is for Matt_E and the other, well..........

To not totally de-rail the thread, a buddy of mine had a Thrust 8mil setup with 85.5 flattops that was a monster! Brian has something going on with his Lameys that works well.

X2 Brian is no stranger to making arm yanking power! Just wanted to make sure Jetnut was aware of Arts 10mm billet packages. Re-rail the de-rail

jetnut_118

Blackjack Performance
I am stuck in a rock and a hard place. I have heard great things about Arts motors and even owned one but I know Brian can work some voodoo as well. So I don't know what I want all I know is I want something just under 900.

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
The thrust built Dasa 885 pulls like a xs1000.... Guys that ride the Dasa 885 say no way it's a 900cc... Power is crazy for sure... Will have a freak with this motor at Daytona flatwater Friday

Last edited by a moderator:

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
I am stuck in a rock and a hard place. I have heard great things about Arts motors and even owned one but I know Brian can work some voodoo as well. So I don't know what I want all I know is I want something just under 900.

I'm running a new a thrust Dasa motor Brian built, I have th first one but I know he's building another right now... 896 cc and loving the power... The 885 10 mil has more bottom grunt and is the best 900 cc class motor I've rode to compete on.

The 896cc cost a little less, and the mid to top on a dry pipe is crazy... I'm coming off a Dasa 1100 and I don't feel I need anymore for my all around ski...

The thrust built Dasa 885 pulls like a xs1000.... Guys that ride the Dasa 885 say no way it's a 900cc... Power is crazy for sure... Will have a freak with this motor at Daytona flatwater Friday

Quick question. If we classify a 885 as a 900cc . Would I say that my Jetworks built kawi Dasa 970 would be 1000cc . I'm not really sure with the cc lingo .
That 885 looks like it setup perfect! Josh is your 895 less powerful or basically setup way differently for the surf

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
Quick question. If we classify a 885 as a 900cc . Would I say that my Jetworks built kawi Dasa 970 would be 1000cc . I'm not really sure with the cc lingo .
That 885 looks like it setup perfect! Josh is your 895 less powerful or basically setup way differently for the surf

Yes you can consider your 970cc a (1000).. The XS1000 start at 992cc, etc.. As for my 896cc its only a 4 mil stroker so the torque isn't there like a 10 mil... Even that being said Lucas rode it and said that motor in a Freak would be a winning combination for a 900cc or under comp motor... Right now the pump on my ski isnt ideal, Once I swap to a 148, bigger carbs & install my new domes the 896 will be unreal.. Carbs will give it more snap off the bottom & the pump will put the power down.. Right now I'm smoking the prop right off the bottom. Not a issue for surf riding, but not what you want for flatwater.

Was that lucas's old SF hull? Thought he sold that?

This video was taken before World Finals, but Yes his Freak has been sold.

Yes you can consider your 970cc a (1000).. The XS1000 start at 992cc, etc.. As for my 896cc its only a 4 mil stroker so the torque isn't there like a 10 mil... Even that being said Lucas rode it and said that motor in a Freak would be a winning combination for a 900cc or under comp motor... Right now the pump on my ski isnt ideal, Once I swap to a 148, bigger carbs & install my new domes the 896 will be unreal.. Carbs will give it more snap off the bottom & the pump will put the power down.. Right now I'm smoking the prop right off the bottom. Not a issue for surf riding, but not what you want for flatwater.

What stroke and bore on yours?

Lucaumpits

RIDE LIKE U'VE STOLE IT!!
ahhah, I never seen this vid bra, i believe that was the 2nd week on that motor.
this engine is crazy power, and remember this guy here is 225lbs.lol

yes the hull was sold a long time ago, and will reside somewhere in AZ
Was that lucas's old SF hull? Thought he sold that?

Top Bottom