Tim Judge VS jetworks

I just got 2 quotes from both places on getting my cases ported and my cylinder ported. judge was significantly more expensive when it came to case porting. i know art is renowned for his work and does a great job. But so is Judge. i'm looking to get as much out of my small bore 62t and 61x as i can without stroking it or going big bore. judge is also local. does anyone have experience with these guys? maybe some feedback on which to go with?

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
This is like who would win in a fight between Wolverine and The Hulk. Only way to really know would be to dyno a build by each builder...

I went with art on a 771 build last summer. The customer service was great. He contacted me this summer just to touch bases with me and see how the motor was running. I would definitely recommend his shop.

Half flip95

Formerly pondracer95
art built my entire package - 6mm short rod small bore, tuned carbs, new throttle shafts + linkage, programmed total loss curve, and built my mag pump with his custom prop / nozzle & cone modification. anyone who rides this thing loves it. it flat out rips.
He is local to me, that is why i decided to go with him in the first place.

Skinnyman hit it. You'll be happy either way you go. I've been using Art for the last 3 engines I've ran so obviously my opinion is biased. For my budget Art has always offered the most bang for the buck in terms of complete package from pump to engine and he's had my best interest in mind, not trying to push stuff that's unnecessary. It's a wonder he gets anything done with how thorough he is over the phone explaining every detail. It's nice to have a builder that takes a lot of the guess work out of putting together a package that suits your needs.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I just texted Tim Judge. he programs MSD also. which is a plus because the new pro digital I got is so sophisticated. I could probably program it myself, but i'll let the pros do it. Im probably going with Judge. this is by no means a knock at Jetworks. Jetworks have been wonderful when I sent my blackjacks to em. I spoke with Tim Judge yesterday and he told sold me on his case porting and the fact that he's local just topped it off. I'll try to get some pics of the port work as its being done so you guys will see first hand how much the case get hogged out. as far as ramping the fingers, he told me he actually installs bolts through the case so the epoxy has something to grab on to. interesting.

I just texted Tim Judge. he programs MSD also. which is a plus because the new pro digital I got is so sophisticated. I could probably program it myself, but i'll let the pros do it. Im probably going with Judge. this is by no means a knock at Jetworks. Jetworks have been wonderful when I sent my blackjacks to em. I spoke with Tim Judge yesterday and he told sold me on his case porting and the fact that he's local just topped it off. I'll try to get some pics of the port work as its being done so you guys will see first hand how much the case get hogged out. as far as ramping the fingers, he told me he actually installs bolts through the case so the epoxy has something to grab on to. interesting.
I've got a fully ported and epoxied 1200 motor by Tim that's going into a blaster. His work is insane. I've got a few parts left to get before I drop the motor in but when you see his work first hand you will be very satisfied with your decision.

Do you guys know who Tim Judge is? He is in the BMX hall of fame, then he switched to watercraft and won a couple of national and world titles on blasters and x2's. He then got into building world championship jetski engines for Riva. He spent over 10 years building, dyno testing, water testing then racing. He has more dyno time than almost anyone in jetsking. If he says something makes x amount of power, believe it. He has built engines at the highest level when, if you didn't prove your engine could win then you were most likely looking for another job. Of the all time great jetski engine builder/tuners of which there were only a handful, he's the last one left.

TJ is a great builder for sure,too bad that dyno isnt still around for modern day motors and tech. Im sure some solid porting techniques were learned during that time when there was actually money in the sport. That porting shape and size is being done by many others in the sport now.how long are you willing is the question,if someone else can deliver something comparable much sooner ?

I did take turn around time into consideration. But I have a couch and another sj to ride. My msd went out about two weeks ago so I decided to take everything apart. So my main ski is disassembled right now. Im going to take my time and build another ski properly. Jetworks told me two weeks which I thought was very quick considering the time of year. Judge told me 30 days due to him traveling to different races and people in line ahead of me. Being local will save me shipping and I can see his work and shop first hand. It also allows for easy communication.
NextLevelinnovations: the pics of that motor are sick. It looks like judge ports and polishes the cases! !

Top Bottom