300/440/550 Time for a new hull??

N2 H2O

Previously Tbone550
I have been noticing my hull getting some stress cracks in it lately. I was out riding today and we found a cruiser and followed it for a while. I hit the wake one time and got pretty good air and then the ski started bogging down...I saw the bond line up front had cracked completely apart where the hull was bonded together from the factory. I turned the bilges on and went to the nearest beach. The crack went halfway around the bottom of the hull. We had to go get the boat and pull it up on the back to get home. if the metal nose braces weren't there, I think the whole nose might have come off. I think it's time for a new hull...Luckily I have one already prepped for paint in the garage.

DSC01302.jpg

DSC01301.jpg

DSC01300.jpg

DSC01299.jpg

N2 H2O

Previously Tbone550
I'm glad i had my friend make those nose braces because the nose is barely hanging on the ski...I was planing on switching to my new hull any way. I'm gonna do some work to it then get it painted. I'm gonna do some major reinforcement work and relocate the exhaust

N2 H2O

Previously Tbone550
Elmers glue an scotch tape, you'll be fine!
I'll probably add some duct tape over top just to be safe. I'm gonna be flipping this thing all day, so I need all the tape and glue I can get. I was thinking about upgrading to a 300 that timmy ported to make it really easy to flip! He even said it had a racing camshaft on it!!

N2 H2O

Previously Tbone550
I'm still amazed this happened from pure impact. I've been wanting to do some hull work anyway, so now I have a little more reason too.

cookn

Kamikaze
I have a spare 550 hull too in the garage just in case. But then i have spare everything if your riding 550s hahaha. On your next hull i would get whoever made the big braces to make some small plates for that area as well. Mine has them and has taken some pretty hard wave hits. It has stress cracks around the plate but seems to help that area hold up.

N2 H2O

Previously Tbone550
I have a spare 550 hull too in the garage just in case. But then i have spare everything if your riding 550s hahaha. On your next hull i would get whoever made the big braces to make some small plates for that area as well. Mine has them and has taken some pretty hard wave hits. It has stress cracks around the plate but seems to help that area hold up.
lol Yeah I have 2 or 3 of every part at this point...Have you seen John Ziggler's nose braces? I'm gonna buy one of those to help with the nose a little. This hull wasn't reinforced very much at all though, just around the bond line in the nose and around the pole bracket. I plan to lay down a lot more glass in the next hull.
trimbumpernose440550rcjs.jpg

N2 H2O

Previously Tbone550
i forgot you have the 650 in that hull too. I bet that its really puttin these old hulls to the test, but i dig it lol
My new viper 7000 conversion seems to be pretty close on power and speed, but it's hard to tell since I still have an electrical to work out. I actually think the viper has a little more snap than my conversion ski, but the pump setups are completely different and I just got a new carb for the 650 that I never got to try...

Top Bottom