Time to Move On. (Sold)

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Well, The timing may not be the best, but here goes. It is time for me to step away from the X...... I have decided to sell the site. I think it is in the best interest for me to just walk away.
My ski will be going up for sale as well. If anyone is interested in stepping up please let me know. I already have an offer from PWCToday, AKA SBT to purchase it. Who is up to the challenge.....

As some of you know, I lost my Mom on the 19th. For the past few months we have been through the ringer with my oldest sister being on a power trip and just causing so much havoc in our lives. This should have been a peaceful time but it was not. It was several days after she passed when I saw a member post about his brother passing away. Made me realize I never posted. You all know me, I live here. This is how much it effected me over the past few months........ Will still pop in from time to time, Most of my closest friends have come from here or PWCToday.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I am not sure which news is worse , you moving on or selling it to SBT so they can ruin another watercraft site.

The difference is you will be missed , SBT ,mmmm not so much .

If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know. You were so welcoming to us and our freak show of friends and I will never forget that. I sincerely hope that you can find peace in whatever your situation is, and know you always have a family here to lean on. Im just stoked that I got time to hang with you and make some of the best memories of my life. You will always be a champion in my book BK :cool:

Myself

manic mechanic
Pleeeeease, somebody step up. I'm technically challenged and have enough trouble just trying to operate this tablet and post on a forum........let alone own one. And I'm not against SBT owning the site.... BUT, if they "upgrade" like the new version of pwctoday I'll probably be done. I simply CAN NOT STAND the absolute worthlessness of the new version!

@Big Kahuna both my parents have passed, only time will help with that. Family drama....just stay away. We've had that multiple times (wife's side) and found the best option to avoid contact until they pull their head back out of their a$$. Sounds like right now you NEED to surround yourself with REAL friends and focus ONLY on that. Best wishes to you bud.

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
SBT is off the table......... We could not come to agreement. Went thru that when they bought PWCToday, they said nothing would change, well, I dont trust them. Told them will find someone else. Thanks but no thanks.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Damn im not sure if i'm being played or if this is for real. If its for real then im so sorry about your loss but a little sad you would sell it. On another note is the 2nd here in aussie and Im guessing its still the 1st in the gold US of A and i got played

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I totally understand the Powertrippy siblings , I went through that when my mom passed a few years back so I feel your pain , the bottom line Is inherited the estate but they took everything that wasn't nailed down first , trippy part the way I found out I inherited the estate was from the Alabama revenue dept when I went to check on the property taxes they told me and I had to sign a paper at the courthouse , no one in the family would volunteer that information.

Life is funny though they took assets that depreciate in value , I got the house , property and all the keepsakes , property appreciates in value so joke is on them.
People always show their true colors and intentions when inheritance is involved.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I totally understand the Powertrippy siblings , I went through that when my mom passed a few years back so I feel your pain , the bottom line Is inherited the estate but they took everything that wasn't nailed down first , trippy part the way I found out I inherited the estate was from the Alabama revenue dept when I went to check on the property taxes they told me and I had to sign a paper at the courthouse , no one in the family would volunteer that information.

Life is funny though they took assets that depreciate in value , I got the house , property and all the keepsakes , property appreciates in value so joke is on them.
People always show their true colors and intentions when inheritance is involved.
Good thing here, there was no property...... Only estate (Investment accounts and the things in their apt.) Will is plain as day. Everything splits 3 ways. No major issues over the things. A little snip here and there over some Jewelry, but she only complained to our sister...... That said, These past 6 months have just absolutely drained Myself, My Wife (and Daughter - really effected her) and my "Good" Sister......... We are flat worn out........ Everything is in storage now......... Will deal with that in a few months....

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
Good thing here, there was no property...... Only estate (Investment accounts and the things in their apt.) Will is plain as day. Everything splits 3 ways. No major issues over the things. A little snip here and there over some Jewelry, but she only complained to our sister...... That said, These past 6 months have just absolutely drained Myself, My Wife (and Daughter - really effected her) and my "Good" Sister......... We are flat worn out........ Everything is in storage now......... Will deal with that in a few months....
big hugs dooood. Cycle of life......Sad all around

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
After I hurt my back and... some other things..., I sold my ATV on the advice of the doctor who said if I continued riding I might not be able to walk in the future. Selling my quad was the worst choice I have ever made in my life and that is over the significant costs of walking away from promotions. I gave up riding and camping at a time I needed it the most. Worst part is, I didn't even need the money, if I had sat on the ATV, it would have been just fine. I am glad I didn't sell my superjet or stop going to Daytona. I finally got a new quad and when my wife asked what I would do if I couldn't ride it, I said I'd sit at camp and polish it. I can still ride both the superjet and the ATV, and although it's not to the same level as before I was injured, it is the gateway to the sport, and without them, I'm disconnected.

The hard times in life are not the times to let go of the things we love the most. It's the time to reach out to the people who share those interests for support. If you are not in a financial position which forces you to sell, don't sell, maybe the site, but not the ski, it can always be sold next year. Come January, there's a good chance that Daytona is the place you need to be, even if you feel like you can't get up off the floor to get there, all the more reason to go.

Last edited:
Top Bottom