SX/SXi/SXi Pro Timing Advance plate?

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
what does the timing advance plate do? does it make the entire powerband a little snappier by advancing the timing? looking for a little better throttle response outta my big pin 750sxi pro. does it need to be installed in conjunction with anything else? thanks

AlexanderD

rz350 racer
i was thinking of getting the advance plate but i herd that the sxi pro has a pretty large advanced spark as it is (6*) and these give you another 3*
that a bit much in my books. and asking for detonation. so i think i will save the $25 and just slot the holes on my pick-ups and ger 1 or 2 degrees instead.

my .02

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
now i dont know what to do...from what i read, the timing adnvance plate adds 6*, and if the SXi Pro is already at +6, +12 sounds risky...the $800 FP is outta the question (for now...unless i find 8 bills on the ground some day soon). i just noticed the first time out on it, and the throttle response wasnt quite there, was tryin to set up for boat wakes, and it would almost hesitate.(just rebuilt the carbs.) i know that when i put the V Force V3 Reed Cage (and carbon fiber reeds) on my YZ250 (dirtbike) it made it a lot more responsive...maybe instead of the timing advance plate, i should be looking at reed systems?!?! anyone have reed cages/carbon fiber reeds on their SXI pros?

Flyin-A

'93 750sx
Just put a plate on my '93 750sx. Got it fired up only to find the fuel pick-up is broken and leaking. I have a R&D pipe on it and that alone gave it at least 25% more power. Hope the plate will compliment the pipe perfectly. I'll update as soon as I ride it.

Flyin-A

'93 750sx
Ski hauls azz. I had to fatten-up the low end jetting,but impressed with the power it makes. From what I recall my ski has a 13/19 pitch impeller and I would trade off some top end speed for low end grunt. 0-10mph not so fast,10-30mph is arm ripping,everything over 30 is mello.

motozachl

uPsiDeDoWn
Just put a plate on my '93 750sx. Got it fired up only to find the fuel pick-up is broken and leaking. I have a R&D pipe on it and that alone gave it at least 25% more power. Hope the plate will compliment the pipe perfectly. I'll update as soon as I ride it.

So how was it? Do i need to up the octane when doing this mod on my 93 sx? I just use 87 now...

u wont need to run higher octane fuel unless u have high compression. i ran the plate in my sxi gve it a bit more snap but nothing compared to the total loss ive installed ski rips.

Top Bottom