Super Jet Timing problem with 62t. Need help

My motor is a built 61x. I recently bought an tbm AM flywheel. So I purchased a 62t stator off eBay that was rebuilt. The stator has no timing mark as it had been sand blasted off. I've study pictures and tried my best to align the timing from the pictures. It runs, starts easily. Just it seems like it's hitting a rev limiter mid throttle. Ski was running perfectly prior to installing this flywheel. Anyone have any pointers that could help me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just looked on Ebay, saw "new" 62T stators from the low forties to $303- no timing mark noted on that one. You might try the search function of this site- good used oem ( the only ones to consider) can be found.

only oem stators have a timing mark, most aftermarket chinese built do not... is your timing mark still visible on your cases? i understand its difficult because cover and flywheel has to come back off. honestly buy oem new and forget about it... ride don't wrench worth the money i went through this last season

I'm just going to find an oem used one. I don't like not knowing for sure about the timing. I do want to run a slight advance on the timing to help the bottom end. Thank you guys anyone want a crappy 62t stator lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spend the money buy NEW OEM i never buy used electronics impossible to know how much life is left, and if you ever have a electrical issue you will always wonder if it stemmed from your used part.... if you wanna play you gotta pay!!!!

I hope I'm not jacking your thread but does anyone have any feedback on the SBT stator? I was going to buy a used oem but I have to agree with what Chris V said. SBT is still in the $300 range but a new oem is around $450.

Top Bottom