Super Jet To bore or not to bore

Just bought my first superjet this winter. Its a bone stock 6m6. over the winter I put on a scat trac impeller, blowsion kickers, kommand bars with umi finger throttle, new grips, turf and padding. Cleaning it up cosmetically and preparing to paint. But I wanted to add some power now. My plan is to put on a cheater pipe, high compression head and a tdr water box to wake the ski up some. I'm 16 so im limited to what I can afford. I wanted to bore it but know nothing about bores. Would boring it to a 701 be possible and how much would it cost? Pulling the motor and putting in a 701 is out of the picture..that would be my first choice

You can bore the 650 cylinder to std 701 pistons. While it will give you an increase in power dont expect to be as good as a 701 cylinder. The ports are much smaller on the 650. Sometimes you can find a good used 701 cylinder with pistons for a good price. That is just another option.Dont forget you will also need the 701 head or have your 650 head remachined for the bigger bore.

61x has different porting than 6m6.Also top half of the case would need to be bored bigger for the 61x. Look on pwc for the riva ported 650 cylinder.It will fit your cases and looks to be a nice cylinder for the price. You will need pistons though.

DO NOT PAINT YOUR SKI. I repeat......

DO NOT PAINT YOUR SKI. You are blowing money on the character of its scratches...meaning you will create the new ones....lol...but I'm serious.

You are on the right track. Prop it up, but You need to save $$ for problems you're going to face and GAS GAS GAS GAS.

Have you rode it yet? You will not outgrow a propped 650 for at least a season. You need to ride that SOMEBITCH HARRRRRRRD. Buy an old school pipe for it and call the manufacturer to get the parts to set the carb up.

There is so much crap to do and so many holes to drill before you paint it though....

While riding work on fast turning and reading the waves and chop. Molest boat wakes. Time jumps off them so you can find the trough of the wake and get it through the rpm range before you get out of the water.

By that time you'll be breaking stuff and need to worry about it man...lol.

I don't see a benefit in boring up and running a cheater pipe....unless u need new pistons, id spend the money on a good pipe that u can grow with when you are ready to drop in a proper 701.

Prop, pipe, milled head, Cdi mod, and intake grate and you'll be in good shape

Rip the 650 until it blows, it will still out a smile on your face for a while, and like it's been said use your spare cash for gas and potential fixes to keep it runnig

I got a few hundred sitting in a jar in my room for back up gas cash and already bought everything for painting over the winter and plan to paint it at the end of this season while Im doing whatever I decide with the engine. the cheater pipe I just wanted to throw on this summer to get a little more power while I'm learning how to ride. The motor doesn't need anything its actually the cleanest motor I have seen on a ski that wasn't brand new and has started every time no problem. That being said I got this ski more to learn how to wrench and build these things up than to ride. If what I am doing doesn't make sense or just isn't smart for a good build on a budget then where should I go with this instead? I appreciate everyone's help and advice

CRJ

Hibernating
best thing you could do is port the 650 cylinders and put a pipe on it. i have a coffman sizzler id sell ya if your interested. my 650 ran awesome with it.

My car insurance is coming up July 1 and I pay for all my own gas and repairs as well, so I can't spend more than 250 right now. Gonna try to get some extra hours and see if I can build up my superjet fund before he sells it

CRJ

Hibernating
let me know. for now im going to keep running it till i find a buyer and i can buy a limited b-pipe.

sweet. probably in like 3/4 weeks I should have put enough money in the bank to recover from this trip and my insurance that my parents wont make me just put the money for your pipe in the bank as well. Where does this pipe add power? does it add a lot of low end snap or is it better for top end performance?

Right now I have the motor all stock, scat trac 13/18, blowsion kickers and new turf/padding, blowsion kommand bar and pad, umi finger throttle and settle locking grips and a bilge pump all installed

Top Bottom