Super Jet To build or not to build question.

I got a 94 raider for basically free. engine and electronics are untouched and look great. Compression is at 150 per hole. Is it worth using the raider as a donor and building up a sn/rn superjet? I think i can get about 1000-1200 right now in this market (Nor-Cal) for the raider. SN superjets with 650s have been selling for 1500+. If i go with the build i would need a lot i know, but i have built up about 2 sj's and a couple of kawi's so far. Any advice would be great.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Build it, I used a wb2 as a donor for my RN, I have about a $100 in my engine and carbs after selling the rest. Remember to save all the hardware for things like the pump, rideplate, intake, etc, and throw the loose parts inside the hull. Another good thing about building a SJ is that you will be doing the world a service by taking another couch off of the water, lol.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the advice. So it starts. Some questions:
1. Anyone in the area have a good hull, hood, pole? (Cali, Oregon, or Nevada)
2. Can I use the pump at all?
3. Electronics will all work if I remove the wires for the dash inside the ebox?
4. Do any of the cables work?

Dmac80sc

Site Supporter
The pump section will work but the drive shaft is a different length. I think the mid shaft housing will work but not the shaft. If the splines are really good on the drive shaft you can send it to jetmaniac and he can resize it for a sj. Yep the exbox will work fine just not sure about the battery cable lengths. I am pretty sure the cables will be to short to work with a sj the sn cables are long!

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
I assume it has 64x electronics, ive been told more than once those electronics will work but are not the best for a stand up ski. The 64x set up is supposed to have lower compression on the rear cylinder and the carbs are staggered jetted to compensate. Something is up with the timing also, that Nuklear guy seems to know alot about them and what makes them tick. The compression can be fixed just by adding a AM head, and of course you would have to rejet anyways. I sold the 64x electronics and now have 62t electronics.

All great info. Everything is 62t 701. i think the electronic issue is with the 760 stuff. The 62t head uses the wierd spark plugs. Im planning on replacing the head and cylinder with 61x stuff.

Top Bottom