Other To those who build their own PVC beach carts..

Does anyone care to share how they did so?

I have two Rolleeze carts I would like to take the axles and wheel assemblies off and build a couple.

Just lookin for something strong enough to hold an SXR, HX, X2 and Blaster.

Thanks in advance!

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
Those are some heavy boats you have there. The guys @ FX beach all have PVC beach carts, and most guys are on the 2nd or 3rd models. Knowing this, if you decide to use plastic pipe, use the gray stuff = SCH 80 pipe and fittings. It should last longer, and don't do what I did, being cool by riding up on my first cart. :no:(CRUNCH!).

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
Those are some heavy boats you have there. The guys @ FX beach all have PVC beach carts, and most guys are on the 2nd or 3rd models. Knowing this, if you decide to use plastic pipe, use the gray stuff = SCH 80 pipe and fittings. It should last longer, and don't do what I did, being cool by riding up on my first cart. :no:(CRUNCH!).
I used the black pipe, you need 4 Elbows and 4 tees, and i would use 4" pipe
ive got 2 and they work wicked

Thanks for the replies.
The Rolleeze have both seen better days, but the axles and 6 of the rims/tires are in good shape.

I definitely don't want to have one collapse if these skis are indeed to heavy.

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
I used the black pipe, you need 4 Elbows and 4 tees, and i would use 4" pipe
ive got 2 and they work wicked

4" pipe beach cart? Let's see pix.

Any 4" pipe is way stronger than 2" for sure.

The "black pipe" is ABS dwv pipe foam core. The ABS pipe and fittings are kinda weak, just like the PVC dwv (drainage waste & vent) pipe & fittings, It works, but take it easy on it. That pipe seems best suited for fixed stands. PVC "pressure" fittings are stronger, especially SCH 80 gray pipe and fittings, not to be confused with the electrical grade "gray" PVC pipe.

I'm not bustin chops here....just sayin...

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
The "black pipe" is ABS dwv pipe foam core. The ABS pipe and fittings are kinda weak, just like the PVC dwv (drainage waste & vent) pipe & fittings, It works, but take it easy on it. That pipe seems best suited for fixed stands. PVC "pressure" fittings are stronger, especially SCH 80 gray pipe and fittings, not to be confused with the electrical grade "gray" PVC pipe..

Your half right there are two types of Black Pipe, ABS foam/cell core and ABS (solid core), Foam core your right sucks but the other ABS is the strongest stuff made...I'm a plumber kinda know what im talking about lol ...just sayin...

unfortunately i dont have pictures both stands are at the lake...but they are pretty easy to build

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
Subscribing for pics lol!

munki63 I've never used abs solid core before. What applications is it used for? I mainly have done irrigation and some city water type stuff (up to 150 psi operating pressure) and haven't had the opportunity to work with it. Thanks man!

Edit: On a side note I have made a couple stands from 3" sch 40 pvc and haven't had any failures, and they get beat on.

Last edited:

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
found a picture before tires, All i did for the tires is drilled a hole thru the bottom part of the tee slid a rod thru put tires on lol
Holds the blaster and the super jets, and to push it around i just strap the ski to the kart...works for me

IphonePictures035.jpg

munki63 I've never used abs solid core before. What applications is it used for? I mainly have done irrigation and some city water type stuff (up to 150 psi operating pressure) and haven't had the opportunity to work with it. Thanks man!

I just use it when I rough-in houses...that cell crap and the white just will just snap in half during the winter up here...solid stuff is well solid! lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom