Super Jet Too much cooling?

I was riding today, ski was running great and quit all of a sudden. Brought her back to the garage and took the plugs out and there was some ( not alot but, enough) water in the rear cylinder? Got it all out, primed it, and tried to start the ski and i noticed a ton of water coming out of the exhaust, WAY more than normal.
Ive got a B pipe and im not sure where the screws are set. Is it possible that my screws are letting in way too much water? Ive noticed my engine never gets hot like my other skis, only warm.

Thanks for that.

This leads me to believe that i have too much water migrating inside my cylinder jackets but also i think my b pipe is being cooled too much.

schicks

Karma Enforcer
i think i run my pipe a bit to cool as well, i dedicate 1 cooling line to the bottom of the head pipe and 1 to the motor. I am thinking about trying to run both to the motor and motor to pipe to heat the pipe up a bit. I went through and checked my pipe water migration and its a bit of a pain to tune. You didn't happen to stuff a rag in the exhaust outlet to keep mice out did ya???.. i ask because right now it seems that you may have a blog up stream in the cooling causing pipe water to backup into the motor....and not neccessarily an over cooling issue. Even if you have those screws open all the way, i dont think it would flood out the pipe and make water backup into the motor. Although there is the migrating theory that the top screw spray/splash can make its way into the motor... I'd check the head gasket first though.

Last edited:
Popped the head off and I ate some water in the rear cylinder. Where is it coming from though...

something else interesting that I noticed Is when the head was off I turned it over and noticed that my rear carb primer line was leaking fuel into the carb Everytime the motor turned over...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 122

AZRIDER

stupid desert
i think i run my pipe a bit to cool as well, i dedicate 1 cooling line to the bottom of the head pipe and 1 to the motor. I am thinking about trying to run both to the motor and motor to pipe to heat the pipe up a bit. I went through and checked my pipe water migration and its a bit of a pain to tune. You didn't happen to stuff a rag in the exhaust outlet to keep mice out did ya???.. i ask because right now it seems that you may have a blog up stream in the cooling causing pipe water to backup into the motor....and not neccessarily an over cooling issue. Even if you have those screws open all the way, i dont think it would flood out the pipe and make water backup into the motor. Although there is the migrating theory that the top screw spray/splash can make its way into the motor... I'd check the head gasket first though.
I just switched my set up from two lines into engine to 1 dedicated engine and 1 dedicated pipe-- so far I find it has given me more power: i think you might want to put a restictor on your line dedicated to the pipe to further limit the water.
look at the bright side it gives you one MORE thing to tune!!!!
I am probably going to do this soon

So you got me scared today as I to have a ton of water coming out of my waterbox. Half hour later I know for certain it is just my low waterbox hose on my modded waterbox.

The slight water trace in my rear cylinder is from the lack of F/A on that carb. waiting on stock airbox from JMIMG_1019[1].JPG IMG_1020[1].JPG

I just switched my set up from two lines into engine to 1 dedicated engine and 1 dedicated pipe-- so far I find it has given me more power: i think you might want to put a restictor on your line dedicated to the pipe to further limit the water.
look at the bright side it gives you one MORE thing to tune!!!!
I am probably going to do this soon
That's how I roll as well ! Haven't had any issues and I def think the powers there I have a flow control valve limiting water to my waterbox as well I run minimal water over tried a couple different ways but this way seems to be giving me the most . Kinda loud tho !!

i still havent figured out how my engine sucked up water. I did find some sand in the cooling jackets.

So lets make this interesting. I figured out why i have no spark also and im not very happy about it.... WTF HAPPENED!!!!!

boom.jpg
Flywheel was basically new... It even manage to fray 2 of the stator wires.. DAMNIT!!!!

Tyrant1919

Site Supporter
Damn, that sucks. We've all been there.

Find that leak, I'm curious. Nothing on the intake side on the rear cylinder? Seal at least looks good on the crank? How's the exhaust manifold gasket look?

Sorry I am responding so late. Same thing happened to me. I broke down out on the water and I get back to shore and there is water in my cylinders. So I'm chasing that problem only to find out that my flywheel looked a lot like yours does and my stator was bad. How did you get your ski back to shore? Because towing it will sometimes allow water to backfill into the cylinders. That's what happened to me at least.

Sorry I am responding so late. Same thing happened to me. I broke down out on the water and I get back to shore and there is water in my cylinders. So I'm chasing that problem only to find out that my flywheel looked a lot like yours does and my stator was bad. How did you get your ski back to shore? Because towing it will sometimes allow water to backfill into the cylinders. That's what happened to me at least.

Thats a good point that didnt even cross my mind. I towed it in. It was pretty rough out too.

thats how the water got in there, sometimes the speed in towing forces back water into the cooling,fills up the pipe and usually just gets in rear cylinder when you load the ski at a angle. Other times when the ski is running and has the much piston wash it can be a leaking cooling line fitting on the head blowing into one of the flame arrestors. its always good to test a freshly assembled ski in the water up against the dock with a good bit of throttle

Top Bottom